Need information about Oracle Financials training and job prospects

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by abc00, Dec 10, 2015.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hello,

Please let me know about Oracle Financials training and the trends in job market in current scenario (upcoming 2016). I have educational background in Finance/Accounting from India but no experience working in Accounting in USA. Will Oracle Financials be a good investment and have a promising career. Please share your inputs.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oracle offers a self-study program that leads to certification after successful completion of two exams. You can find it on education.oracle.com. There are many youtube courses that might be helpful too. If you want quick entry into the market, a consultancy is your best bet.

1 person likes this.
  3. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Gauri03 !

4. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

I assume that you don't have any prior working experience, if that's the case I suggest you to not to opt for certification directly (projecting a Certified professional tag may land you in a Job but in the end you have to face a lot more issues). Any functional module requires good domain knowledge/working experience without which doing certification won't fetch you anything. First, take your time and understand what is required.

Regarding job opportunities there exists a plenty of openings for functional consultants, once you are familiar with any one of the modules in Oracle you can always migrate to SAP easily and vice-versa.
    Techno+functional consultants are in great demand these days...

5. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@rohsik, Thanks for the information.