1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need info about moving to Edmonton

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by depma, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

Hi Raechel,
    I am doing good and hope same at your end. As I said we are still waiting for our PR cards but my DH has already started looking for job in Alberta.
    We landed in Calgary but for the PR cards and SIN documents. we gave mailing address of my DH's friend who lives in Toronto. This might be the reason for delaying our PR cards b'coz our file will transfer to Toronto from Calgary.
    I will keep you posted..

2. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Grace,Thanks for your reply.
    Yes,jobs are a huge concern!!! But, I was thinking that Quebec or other such privinces that are not saturated should be better to land. My husband is into Oracle(IT) with 7 years experience. I'll need to check if we are elegible for AINP program. I believe that is exclusively for US H1b holders.

Will keep everyone posted here as and when things progress :)
    Thanks for your help.

3. naicker49

naicker49 New IL'ite

Hello Depma: I came across your message. i live in Edmonton and it is a great city. very lively city with temples, Indian stores, and huge indian community.

I am a Realtor associated with Jayman realty Inc and if you need any help to move to Edmonton or to find aplace to live your happy life, Please contact me through private messages.

Raj Naicker

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  4. sharmalovely

sharmalovely New IL'ite

Hello Grace3,
    I am moving to edmonton by the end of feb ...........can you suggest if there are paying guest accommodations available in edmonton.what are the scope for jobs in the hotel field?

5. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi grac3

i am planning to move to canada by may17th. we have initially planned to move to toronto. As you say i feel it will be crowded. we have ideas to move to edmonton. your post gave me a good insight of the place. you have not mentioned abt the job opps and also weather compared to toronto. please reply

6. krsnakeerthi

krsnakeerthi New IL'ite

Hello All

Im Keerthi and me and my family moved to Edmonton recently. I have also posted in the other thread about grocery stores in Edmonton. Not sure if anybody looks at it as its been a while since someone last posted. Just wanted to connect with some folks here.

Regards
    Keerthi

7. Sangeeshiv

Sangeeshiv New IL'ite

Dear Grace , Depa

I am Sangeetha from Chennai moving to shortly to Edmonton , Canada from Abu Dhabi. Kindly let me know about the living in Edmonton especially the cost of living , area where we can find accommodation , where we can find school.

Regards

Sangeetha

8. ssjhingan

ssjhingan New IL'ite

Hi, I am also new to edmonton. Moved only 3 months ago with my husband. I am also looking for friends. I would suggest you to stay near south west - Millwoods and southcommon area. Millwoods have lots of Indians, but I guess it is little expensive too. Downtown and North side is pretty unsafe. You can send me private message if you need more info.

9. Kjay

Kjay New IL'ite