1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Idea!!! For Sending gifts to India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by 2012, Aug 28, 2012.

1. 2012

2012 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I Came to US after marriage and nw am working .My sister is studying at medical college in INDIA .It's been one year really missing my family and friends lot.Planning to send gift to my sis interested to surprise her.....Please share some ideas.....will USPS international postal delivery is reliable ?

2. deepara

deepara Bronze IL'ite

Hi 2012,
    Let me try to give some information that I know. I sent a MP3 headset through USPS to India some 1 and a half years back and it reached safely but only after a month or so. I think the delay was in Indian postal service. Other than electronics it is safe to send any other things to India through post.

1 person likes this.
  3. sapnaHYD

sapnaHYD Gold IL'ite

Have you decided on what gift to send? you can do onething you can purchase online(indian shopping websites) by paying thru your india a/c and give the shipping address as your sis address.

2 people like this.
  4. maagi11

maagi11 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I haven't sent one with USPS, but i heard the delay is more and no tracking....UPS is safe, but expensive....try any of your friends/relatives are flying to india you can send with them...

maagi

5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I would also suggest using one of Indian shopping websites and giving your sister's address. That way you save on International shipping and can spend that money on her gift.