Need Housemaid

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by safa, Mar 20, 2006.

1. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

hello,
    could any one suggest some organisations or persons providing a helper for our home in kerala? we need a full time maid.
    pls help,
    safa.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Domestic help organisations

Safa,

I am also from Kerala. There are many reliable organisations offering house maids. We had one from SEWA and now have a full time maid from Akshaya. Both were good and the organisation conducts periodic checks to see if they are working well, and also if we are treating them properly.

I think full time rates in Akshaya are now Rs 60 + food.

There are over 18 such housemaid agencies in Trivandrum itself. SEWA offers more of nursing + house maids to look after bedridden persons, mothers after delivery etc.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i am also seeking a nice maid...

is there anyone in bangalore.....pl do inform...regards..sunkan

4. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

hi vidya,
    thank you so much..
    our place is trissur. i am waiting for your message..
    safa.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Safa

I am talking to my mother now. Shall get u the details latest by wednesday.

Good luck
    Vidya

6. thanuja

thanuja New IL'ite

Housemaid Services for Chennai, Coimbatore & Bangalore

Hello Sunkan & others,

Here is an organisation called Standard Services that provides not only housemaid services, also other kind of services to cities mainly like Chennai, Coimbatore & Bangalore.

http://www.standardservicescbm.com/servantpro.html - check this link for their services and charges.

I used to work in Bangalore before marriage and few of us stayed taking a house, while we hired a housemaid from this organization.

Hope it is useful.

Best wishes,
    Thanuja

7. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

phone numbers

pls pvt message me, I have the numbers which Vidya had given. Vidya is busy cos of shifting.

8. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Sewa

Hi ALL,
    I see the disussion going on about housemaid services here...I do not recommend SEWA for anyone...personal experience with SEWA has been very very bad...My mom and grandma were sick and so we had SEWA maid full time.....tried 2-3 people turned out to be a disaster...they disappear without notice..without contacting the agency or you...they steal....and they hardly do what they are supposed to do.....done be shocked if your phone bill runs too high.....3 neighbours of mine had the same experience...this was in Trivandrum though...just wanted to share it with you! Maybe I shud look into Akshaya fo rmy mom!

Rgds,
    L

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

choose Akshaya

Hi all,

Vaishnavi, welcome to IL. I would suggest you stick to Akshaya. We have been getting maids from there for over two years now. They are good. But each maid is a different case and it all depends on our luck also.

Our luck with SEWA has been mixed- pilfering, unnecessary complaining etc. But my aunt has three persons from Sewa at the same time- two nurses,one housemaid and she has found them good.

I am also talking abt Trivandrum experience.

Safa, thanks for offering the numbers. I really do not have them since I am shifting.

Goodluck!

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I was in Trissur yesterday (4-11-06). I came across this phone number on the way, for Home Nursing needs. It is 2330842. Please do dial the Trissur NSD code also if calling from other places. Hope this will be of some use.