Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by yellowmango, May 2, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Two people have suggested it could be an oriental white eye and looking at pics makes me think they could be right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Source: Google Pics)

4 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@yellowmango you got away with posting about a baby bird fallen from its nest away from its parents without the discussion of if the parents were wrong or the bird was mischievous.. lol..just kidding..

i wanted to reply in the morning but saw that it is resolved.. and i was thinking of all the directions this thread could have taken in the usual way..and had a nice laugh..

A friend had a similar situation. a pigeon baby that fell down from the nest. and we soon found home for the baby, and a ofcourse one of my friend in the group even found people who handle birds that get out of their nest.. and she also shared there are rescue centres other than blue cross and i am sure it should be there for other cities too. lucky for the friend, that the mama bird came back and took care.. sigh of relief...

just want to share in case something like this happens in chennai, you can contact
    Animal Welfare | careearthtrust and also they have a facebook page.

to know more.. here is a article about the dax memorial trust..
    A safe house for birds - The Hindu

(I hope you don't mind.. opening new threads to share information..better this way..maybe title change and into the pet animals forum..)

5 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy....had that discussion with husband. He was being all macho and talking about natural selection being at work here ...trying to make sure stupid ,over enthusiastic,risk taking genes were not carried forward to next generation and all....but he is the biggest softie of all(went out and got me the syringe and happily gave up his bathroom).While I was wondering if the parents abandoned the poor baby.Looks like we both were wrong.

Most likely ...those boys hit the ball into the bush while make the poor baby fall out and then the kids started playing mother to it.The boys came looking for the ball in the morning and I happened to help them look in the same bush....and found the other one.Otherwise I would have been looking at the wrong place. Last I saw ...the two chicks were happily sleeping perched in the thick bushes.

Thanks for the links...will check out for helplines in NCR.

5 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

Maybe we could request the mods to move this thread to the "Pets and animal lovers" section....or should it be in the "parents and siblings" section, considering the little critter was neither old enough to be termed "single" nor married. :p Just kidding.

4 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

Had a situation a couple of months ago where a pigeon got trapped between my pots and its wing was bent. Was unable to straighten it and it was extremely distressing to hear it flutter away desperately. Kept going out, trying to move the pots, talking to it and when finally I thought of looking for a cardboard box, went out to check if there was one big enough, found pigeon missing. Was so relieved it managed to fly away.

Always good to have contacts of people who know what to do in such situations or who can help.

1 person likes this.
  6. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Quite an experience it seems @ YM. .I had the experience of picking up stray kittens & squirrels and could understand the sudden baby responsibility that comes with it.

Eagerly waiting for the cute pic update you promised.:clap

1 person likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thereby proving very wrong the saying 'A bird in hand is worth two in the bush' :)

YM, nice to unexpectedly read such a heartwarming and feather-light thread in Reln. :)

3 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

Pear....for some reason I am unable to upload the latest picture.Tried 2-3 times. Will try again.

2 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

DSC03307_resized.jpg DSC03298_resized.jpg DSC03310_resized.jpg
    1)......the two baby birds.
    2)......one of the parent.
    3)......last picture of chiku(named by my younger one).

Sorry ladies...I had taken lots of them....but most were too out of focus and the size being too big...I have resized these three and posted.

11 people like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Such a beautiful story to read ..thanks for sharing !

2 people like this.