Need Help.. Vaginal Medicines Accumulated Inside

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ILUser07, Apr 25, 2018.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Hello, I am in the preparation phase for FET(IVF) and was given with vaginal estrogen tablets and vaginal progesterone. Initially it was ok but as a week passed by, its being hard for me to insert the tablet and I feel its all cluttered up inside. I talked to the nurse and she asked me to clean it all gently using my finger. Seriously, its very hard and I could scoop out lumps of estrogen medicine. But still there a lot left in there. I couldn't go any further and its hell. Nurse says thats the only way. How to tackle this? anyone faced this issue?

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

I don't have experience but why don't u talk with doctor? A nurse cannot be a doctor. Move forward and talk with doctor whether they have any rectification. Or ask for a second opinion.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

Don't you clean the vagina every day with water? You should be. All vaginal suppositories melt inside and very little comes out on its own . one has to clean repeatedly with water using finger everyday . may be you can use a syringe to force water inside (sitting or lying in a sleeping position) and then clean up. Take care

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Routine cleaning is not helping. I will try using syringe. I can feel the lumps of the tablets crumbled inside. But I am not able to scoop it out.

5. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

I just spoke to the doctor and she said its the progesterone gel that is being built up and needs to be cleaned manually. Or the only way is to switch to injections which I dont want. Its pain either way..

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

This problem exists with all the vaginal suppositories. Recline on bathroom floor and using warm water and a big syringe try to flush it out. Daily removal makes things a bit easy.