1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help To Start A Garden In Balcony In Pune

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by imhappy, Oct 14, 2016.

1. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Hi all!!

I want to start a balcony garden. I don't have any Knowledge on where to start. I am mainly interested in some flowers and some herbs and if possible easy to grow veggies.

I have searched online but mainly I see posts from USA or any other country but not of India. As weather varies, so does garden rules.

I want to know about soil, compost, pots all things needed. Plz help me, I really appreciate it.

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

you can visit geekgardener.in, this gardening website is for india.

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Visit near by nurseries and ask questions, ask if they come to your home and plan/ advice how to go ahead, what plants can go where , based in sunlight direction,

Or As gardening is lot of work, and if you don't have already much experience go little by little, adding few plants at a time, after making sure that already bought ones are doing well.

I too love to do, but every time every place it is different with each type of plant. This year I am not much happy as soil is not that great even after me adding several bags

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Search in the archives. There was a nice thread about balcony gardening in Bangalore.

5. rajeswarisatulu

rajeswarisatulu Senior IL'ite

I have my youtube channel on container gardening The Mother Earth Blessed Potted Gardening.You can check there for some information

Madhumagie likes this.
  6. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

In Sakalnagar, Baner, pune a workshop is there coming Monday and Tuesday. If u need number to contct, Pm me. It is organised by semi govt agency.