1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help To Get My Kids/meet Them.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by monasingh, Jun 26, 2017.

1. monasingh

monasingh New IL'ite

Pls help me...first of all i dont know how i can post...i m a mother of 2 teenage kids who r living with their father in Vienna, it was a viloent marriage with many other strong reason to move for many years but i stayed for the sake of my kids....now its more then 1 year i m divorced but my children are in full influence of his father.they were not meeting me as i was living in Vienna...i did everything to get in regular contact with them. I really need ur help ladies. Pls Dear Moderator of Indus ladies if u can put my post to the right place..i know its in relationship but i dont know where to post. I thank u all.

2. smilekp

smilekp New IL'ite

Hi Mona,

I'm sorry about your situation. Please consider my advise if you haven't been guided yet. Even if someone has already advised you, PLEASE still consider my advice regarding your situation.

1. You have to meet a Solicitor who deals with Family issues and explain your case and situation.
    2. If you are independent, have a job and good enough to start your matter, you can approach a Solicitor firm immediately in London. But understand that you would be involving costs and have to bear your costs, for the solicitors to deal with your case for interacting with the court. I guess, you must be already aware of this, as you might have dealt with your DIV.

3. Important: Please don't break your head or waste your time and loose hope by visiting so many law firms in London. The reasons are: it is extremely difficult to at least get an appointment with many firms, few firms don't even hear or see you, as you have to pay for the initial consultation to at least meet them. Some silly firms advice you to let go off everything, shrug off your shoulders and just live your life. Next important thing is many firms have untrained solicitors who are busy looking at their nails, nail-polish, split ends in their hair, hairstyle, much bothered about their makeup, lipstick, costumes etc instead of atleast bothering to listen to your case when you are explaining them and don't even have a bit of sympathy for your situation and can't even counsel you, some are not even polite.(Please beware of them). Most important of all, Many popular firms are ONLY after your money and make fake promises to get you signed up with them to deal your case, by promising many things and they loot you finally by just sending you cost bills without any reason and claim the costs even if they haven't represented you in the court on that particular day or don't even send you any emails about your case progress, even if you have a court letter to be replied before a said date and don't even bother to intimate you about the communication from the court. Also the solicitor who deals with your case keeps changing or had left the firm, so you will be forced to pay for these costs too and also they would threaten to put a court case against you, if you don't pay their fake claimed bills for which they haven't even represented you in person at the court or there is no court case of yours at all that day. It happens that, you might have already spent nearly 10 thousand pounds on your case and all your funds are finished but still you end up where you have started or loosing the court case all totally. Even after loosing all your money and court case you will be threatened to pay the fake claimed bills and your law firm will come to an internal firm to firm dealing so that both the Petitioner's firm and Respondent firm don't loose their business and money and have equally shared your money you paid for you case and also threaten that you would be paying costs for the other case at other end too. I your respondent is a dangerous kind of person and have got all plans to escape then be sure that your money is lost and your case too. Another most disgusting thing is your firm gets in touch with the respondent about the money if he is ready to pay the higher amount to them than you have paid for the case, these people will make you to loose the case with out even responding to the court letters sent to you and not even intimate you with any emails about court communication or respond even after you send number of emails checking for the progress. As this is an international case you should be AT MOST careful in choosing a solicitor. This is the overall summary of 50 law firms in London I visited in person in 3 months looking for the right solicitor to deal my stuff, but as time was too less for me had to start off the third month with one firm and after paying enormous amount thousands of pounds(You don't believe it, I have starved to pay them) and but still paid them to deal my case, they just for the sake of money made me loose my case with out responding to my emails.

But don't loose hope reading about these firms, as my case is bit different. You have children involved and you need to get back your children and they also need you always to get back to them, So please drop me your email Id will let you know the safe firms.

I was in search of craft tutorial today to IndusLadies, but some how your post came up in the search results as it was in the wrong group, when I read, it reminded me of my cousin whose case is exactly very same but in America and she too struggled for the last 3 years as her kids were also teenagers and were influenced by their father completely and she being a doctor had to suffer financially and to even get work.

Also, I was bit upset as I haven't seen any one replying to your post though IndusLadies is a very helpful forum. So just created a login to reply you as I'm completely aware and one such victim like you and would be far best to advise you. But the three points I have written above are specifically for the firms in London. Please post your mail id as I cannot give you further information over here.
    Also, please be brave and have your heart, your children would be definitely back with you once they are major, as no one can influence their thoughts then. I know as you have stayed for the sake of kids and suffered for many years just for the sake of them, your love, a mother's love will never never fade away forever, trust my words. This generation kids have quicker maturity in their thoughts compared to our generation, as I can strongly tell you from my one more other cousin's old case. I had one more cousin even she had a marriage break down in America, but her children were too small when that happened the elder one was 7 and the younger one was 3 years old. she also had the same problem could not even fight and had to return back to India. She was not allowed and hasn't seen her children for 15 years. But after 15 years, her younger child, first visited her as soon as he became a major and later the next year her daughter visited her immediately. Though they were brought up in America and haven't lived much with their mother even at their childhood, they came back to their mother and met all their maternal family and maternal cousins. Now after 15 years of painful suffering without family and suffering financially, my cousin got back her children and her children have bonded back with her two years ago. So never loose hope.

Also, I know this would be superstitious but no one helps you better than God, have faith in God. If you are okay and are a hindu or sikh you can perform Solah Somvar vrat which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. As this is Shravan month, it is the best month to start this vrat. Kindly please start it the next week and I'm sure you will definitely have a response from your children by the end of the 16 weeks solah somvar vrat, there would be many obstacles that would be cleared for you and your kids. The procedure for solah somvar vrat is available in IndusLadies, I guess as I had referred to it 2 years ago, it was posted by some one. You can also google about Solah somvar vrat and get a hindi version too.

Apologies!! for a long reply, but certain things need a very clear and detailed explanation.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE VERY BEST MONA, I wish you have good people around you to support you and wish you would definitely get back your sweet children very soon.

Note: ***This post is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or firms, but a honest feedback and a genuine response provided to a person requesting for help during miserable times ***

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Gauri03, Suja9, Hansa78 and 1 other person like this.
  3. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

always consult good attorneys....good ones can win even a weak case !...

n please read all NRI marriage horror stories to avoid all financial, emotional trauma n the divorcee tag !

4. smilekp

smilekp New IL'ite

To dia3 -
    Hi Dia,
    Good morning, regarding your message - it was quite generic and also it seems that you are unaware of the actual context and situations here in the UK.
    Everyone almost knows about the trouble marriage stories but each victim has different personal and financial situation, severity. Also each country has all together different marital laws that are applicable and laws in US, India etc are not applicable in UK and vice versa. I know almost all my family people all over the world, came up suggesting me with this and that, but it took me much energy and strain to explain them those laws are not applicable and valid here.
    Yes, everyone knows that we need to consult a good lawyer, but to find one is the very critical, tough, tougher, toughest thing, involves enormous amounts of time, strain. A word of mouth or internet reviews don't work here and doesn't happen with a mouse click!

Nice that you have replied, but kindly don't respond with generic messages. I know you would like to help but don't be very generic when you post.

Also you wrote, "please read all NRI marriage horror stories to avoid all financial, emotional trauma n the divorcee tag ! "
    Kindly Please refrain from using such kind of words like 'divorcee tag', it hurts personal feelings and many people in the forum. Probably you seem to be bit young and not aware about life yet. Every Indian woman needs to change and also the Indian society, divorce is a situation and fate, not a brand. Just because of usage of this kind of words stamped by Indian societies, our Indian women and girls end up loosing their own lives fearing for this stamp and so called tag. Many women end up living a torturous, bruises and tormented life just fearing for the society, its a fact. This is still the plight of Indian society. It has to change and it will change for good one day, because good change should always start with us.
    So, when you are writing for sensitive posts and in forums, please use your vocabulary with at most care.
    Thank you.

sbonigala, SGBV, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Well written ! I am ok with the generic advice but the foul language is what gives me the creeps ! Coming from a supposedly successful attorney, makes it even more cringe worthy !

Sunburst and Gauri03 like this.
  6. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

what's wrong in the word divorcee tag.......its like any tag---- single tag, married tag, widowed tag...is TAG a bad word...HELLO,,NOOOOO !!

...TAG is not a bad word in any dictionary ..hello, its not even a slang !!

i can't help if someone twists n turns a word or sentence to suit their interpretation...