1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help regarding travel insurance for Parents

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Freedom_life, May 10, 2013.

1. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

Hi,

Can you please suggest ig getting insurance from India better or getting it over here is better? My parents will stay with us for 4 months. They both have some pre existing condition. So I am looking for the max cover. Can you please suggest?

I see lot of threads on this but they seem to be outdated hence I started a new thread.

Thanks

2. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

No reply ? I am hearing from friends to take pre existing cover. which is costing 800$. Can you please help?

3. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Freedom_life,

check ICICI Lombard and Insubuy.com

4. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

thanks madhu.. What are the options which cover pre existing?

5. crainandrea22

crainandrea22 New IL'ite

6. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I think it is better to buy insurance from USA as there can be issues with Indian insurance.
    I used imglobal.com for parents. International Medical Group insurance. This was suggested by friends in USA. They have used it extensively when their parents became sick. I used it two times for routine check up of my mom but insurance didn't pay as the money was less than $200 due to the limit of deductible amount. But I was happy that medical provider accepted it. I am not sure whether people here accept indian insurance. I know that it will be a waste of money if we don't use it. But it is always better to be on a safer side.

smriti10 likes this.
  8. uma2811

uma2811 New IL'ite

hI,
    Hi as far as I know extracting insurance money is a post pain. you will have to pay in US first then you should apply with those receipts. Unless it's totally necessary, you could save that money. ( this is my opinion)

9. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    Please dont ever underestimate insurance. you strongly need it here. If you dont have good insurance you are risk of loosing all your savings. My friend's mom had horrible experience here. We can never know what will happen. Better be safe than feeling later. There are good comprehensive coverage plans where you dont need to pay first and submit for claim. It works as any normal insurance .

shri0218 likes this.
  10. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

I think you should get the insurance from USA then u just pay the deductible and can relax. If u buy insurance from India you will have to pay the money and then apply for reimbursement which can take months together n so many calls and emails.
    I purchase seven corners insurance for my parents and it is pretty good. Hope it helps.

smriti10 likes this.