1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Regarding My Lo..problem In School..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Nov 11, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

1)

My kid is completely potty trained and it has been two months she has wet bed at home.she even wakes me up when she wants to pee at night.In school she has been wetting the bed during nap time three times a week it seems and also even if they take her to restroom,10 mts after coming to bed she pees.she has not complained of any pain and she is fine in that area

2)teacher complained she puts her hand inside her pants and is playing wi herself during nap time!!!she says it is common but am worried.

3) we went to early intervention and she seems fine.teacher says to improve her speech I can do play dates with her friend's mommies..now if you had read my last thread those mommies are my ex friend@s best buddies and they all love 15 minute away..how often do you guys play date for your kids??kindly throw light on this play date thing.

4)she is very sensitive.she gets very upset if another kid does not play with her and she is also very shy to mingle in a group and asks the teacher's help to mingle in that group.how worrisome is this??

How do you deal with the above?Also,
    How do you guys keep your cool and grow up your kids??

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One of the benefits of being a SAHM when kids are young, is that the need for them to nap at school/preschool can be avoided. Can she be picked up after lunch?

Given your history with the moms, avoid playdates for now. Look for (paid) group activities where she can interact with other children.

Honest reply: by looking at the problems other people have with their kids.

Two of my friends are having serious behavior problems from kids. Regular, normal, happy kids who when we meet we wouldn't imagine can give such tension to parents. The parents are left scratching their heads and wondering where they went wrong.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    sindmani, Lakshmi6197 and anika987 like this.
  3. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

She may not feel comfortable using that restroom and may hold it in even though they take her. Some kids are comfortable only at home.

Keep reminding her that she should pee in the restroom and not in the bed. Slide this in conversations without letting her know. When my LO did this during nap time, I made it a habit to ask questions with prepared answers every evening, before bed time and morning before dropping off to school.
    I usually ask these two questions in between other reminders:
    Is it OK to pee on the bed or in the restroom? In the restroom
    What should you do if you want to do susu? Tell Ms. XYZ that I want to go to the restroom
    Is it ok to use the restroom (near abc classroom) at school? Yes

Rest of the days when she is not doing it, do not forget to praise her. "Yay, <LO's name> did not wet the bed today, good job" or "<LO's name> used the restroom today, good job".

It reduced the accidents substantially.

Frankly its hard to find play dates. I don't do it often. Kids are ok as long as parents play with them also. Letting the LO pick games and going with the flow helps. Improving the speech can be done without play dates also. Asking plenty of open-ended questions will help.

Same as point 1. Keep reminding her to play with other kids. For few days, you can go and help her to be part of a group. You can ask her the names of kids she is friends with, if some kid did not play with her tell her that its ok. When she comes back home, dedicate 10 minutes just to discuss the day and make everything sound enjoyable.

It may not solve the issues over night but if practiced for a few days consistently will reduce the intensity of the issues. Hope this helps, Anika

anika987 and Lakshmi6197 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks rihana:)

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks sparkle..happy to read your answer.
    My kid speaks well but quiet in school.Also entertaining is never a problem!but kid gets to meet cousin often as she is same age.
    thanks dear..this play date is one headache.

All the kids in my child's class are in one same community and so they getogether.how can I drive everyday 15 minutes to their community,book a time and all this is for one hour.they play in school for 6 hours together already.
    My only worry is all these kids and mine will go to same elementary school and am worried if they will leave my kid alone and will always group together

Sparkle likes this.