Need help on evaluating a job offer

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by LakshmiMohan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Myself Lakshmi.Recently my husband got a job offer from Dubai in a prestigious IT company.Here in india we both are working in IT and together we are earning around 11 Lakhs per annum ie around 30,000 per person per month.

Actually we wanted to evaluate that offer before accepting.If we want to save around 1 Lakh per month how much he should get as salary?I will not be working after going there.So please help me to under stand how much is required for saving 1 Lakh per month.

In India we will spend around 12,000 per month including house rent.We can save 30k - 40k per month after all luxuries.So depending on this how much will be the cost of living there?Will be really thankful if you can reply to this thread.

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Lakshmi,

though am not from Dubai,I can tell you one thing.Think in long term perspective before accepting the offer.Calculate the savings with your current situation and compare it to the overseas savings.(they should have quoted in the offer letter)Also it is important to check on the time frame that you are going to stay in dubai by leaving your job.If it is for short term then even though you save much ,its not worth leaving your job.

Lets wait for other ILites response on living style of Dubai

3. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Spuppala,

This is long term.Minimum time period is 2 years.I will be in India for 6 months and once he is feeling comfortable in the job planning to go there.That's why I want to know about this.Coz I am leaving my job and goin. Don't know whether I will get a job over there or not. So planning for the worst case scenario 'not working'.So want to know that it will be beneficial or not.

He is having other offers in Bangalore with take home around 65k-70k.So totally confused.I am also waiting for some more Dubai Ilites reply.

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,

If you would like to save a lakh per month, then the salary should be around 18K - 20K Dirhams per month.

You may need 5K to 6K for housing and 2K for transportation. Your other expenses may come to 2K - depends on how you spend. So, eventually you could save 8K.

ILites in Dubai could give you a better overview.

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Sharmila,

Thanks for the reply :) .Transportation will be proided by the company that is what the HR told him.But they will not provide accomodation.

6. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Your husband should ask for atleast 20k Dirhams per month with allowances which includes medical for family.
    Education and medical are very expensive here. Accommodation is not going to be a big problem at the current situation.
    Public transport is affordable (metro) if you are not planning to get a car.
    You will surely will be able to find a job here...

Savings depends upon your lifestyle partially, you have lots of options to spend.. :)....

Regards,
    Ansu

7. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the repl Ansureeba. :)

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    Please check out the post here, which I believe will provide some info. I am trying to locate one of my old posts where I had given an indication on the cost of living. Will try to locate that post and send you the link.

Regards
    USHA

9. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the help Usha.Please let me know once u find it.

10. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

They are offering just 12k with medical insurance and transportation,in a great confusion.Whether to take this offer or not???Please help me