Need help on cooking samsung convection microwave oven

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Mahitha21, May 14, 2014.

1. Mahitha21

Mahitha21 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this site. First will introduce myself. This is Mahitha from andhra pradesh. I am recently married and started working from home after my marriage.I know only some basics of cooking. My husband is very fond of eating different varieties of dishes.Recently he bought an samsung convection microwave oven.
    I tried making cake with it following many ofnthe sites but the cake was hard and also not tasty.
    Request you to please help me on how to make cakes and other recipes with this oven.
    Thanks a ton in advance...

2. Mahitha21

Mahitha21 New IL'ite

Hi IL's,

Anyone please help me with this...

3. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

Hi.
    Here is a mango jam/halwa recipe in the microwave which we often make and it works every time.Hope you will like it.

Mango halwa/Jam

1 cup mango pulp
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp cardamom powder
    1 tsp ghee

Method-1)In a microwave bowl and the pulp and sugar and microwave it on high for 3 minutes.
    2)Then remove it out and stir it well.
    3)Then keep it back again for more 3 minutes and repeat the same procedure.
    4)Do this for total 12 minutes with an interval taken after every 3 minutes.
    5)Then check the consistency.If it gets a slight thinner than jam-like consistency then no need to cook it further.If its too thin then you might need to cook further for more 3 minutes.It depends on your microwave.
    6)Once its almost done,add the ghee and cardamom powder and microwave for 30 seconds.
    7)Allow it to cool.Remember once it cools down it becomes a bit thicker so keep that in mind.
    8)Stores well in the refrigerator for 4-5 months.

Try this out.I'll post some other microwave recipes soon.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

Mahitha,here are some more ideas as promised.Though we do not use the microwave daily for everday cooking coz of the health scare supposedly associated with it,we can use it for a few activities to make life simpler.
    1)Baked potato-Wash and wipe the potato.Take a knife and make a few slits on it.Put it in the microwave and cook it on High for 10-15 minutes.While doing so remember to cook it for first 4 minutes then allow it to stand for a minute then again continue followed by a break and thus complete the total.
    2)Boiled peanuts-Take a handful of peanuts in a bowl.Add salt and water and microwave on High for a minute.If not cooked you can microwave for more 30 seconds.
    3)Corn on the cob-Pieces of corn with red chilli powder,salt and lemon juice can be cooked in microwave on High for 1 minute.If needed can cook for 30 seconds or more.
    4)Peanut butter cookies-Take 1 cup peanut butter and 1 egg and beat well.Mix some roasted coarsely ground peanuts (optional) and some gems.Use your hands to make small flat patty.Microwave it on High for 1 minute.
    5)123 Microwave cookies-Beat 1 tbsp butter,2tbsp powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla or any other essence.Add 3 tbsp refined flour(maida) and salt and mix well.If making lemon cookies add lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice.For orange cookies,1 tsp orange zest and 2 tbsp orange juice.For choco chip cookies,1 tbsp choco chips.For chocolate cookies,use 1- 1 1/2 tsp tsp cocoa powder and can use choco chips too.Make small balls and flatten them a bit.For plain cookies you can press a little with your thumb and in the indentation created fill some jam on it and make some jam filled cookies.Microwave on High for 1 minute.If uncooked cook for more 30 seconds.
    5)Potato bites -Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.Add red chilli powder,salt and turmeric powder and a little oil.Microwave on High for 8-10 minutes.Add chat masala and mix well.

4 people like this.
  5. Mahitha21

Mahitha21 New IL'ite

Hi Armaity,

Thanks a lot for your reply :) . Will surely try the recipes given by you.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mahitha21

Mahitha21 New IL'ite

Waiting for more recipes from my senior IL's especially non veg starters recipes and cakes. Please help me on this...