Need help in grooming myself to get a job

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vinithashan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. vinithashan

vinithashan New IL'ite

HI,
    I am a B.E graduate in Computer science with 4yrs of exp in I.T field. It has been 3 yrs since i resigned and staying at home.(reason: got married and having a child).Now that my child can be sent to day care I am thinking of going back to work.
    But i am totally out of knowledge now and have to start afresh.
    I want to know what are the other fields in I.T except coding(i mean hard core coding like java,.NET)I cannot do hard core coding(I was into coding previously but just dont want to get into that again)
    i like fields like database,testing but just confused from where to start.

2. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Do some certification like SAP , OCA , OCP , CRM .. testing too have certifications..

3. vrinda11

vrinda11 New IL'ite

You can join short term web designing course and then apply for the teaching post or you can prepare for the NET exam and after qualifying this exam you will be eligible for the Lecturer and if you are going to apply in govt university then you will get good pay scale. Teaching is a good career option for the ladies.

4. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

i think you can go with database. as you are having experience, it won't be that hard to get into an admin job.
    if you want to switch your career to a different way, then you can go with networking. you can opt for cisco or microsoft in that case.

5. Bubuni

Bubuni New IL'ite

Hi vinithashan,
    did u get the job yet? Please reply as I'm in the same boat.