1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Need help in crocheting necklines for Salwar-kameez

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by krozwindz, Jan 27, 2014.

1. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Hello all

Recently I saw a post by mousumi, where she was crocheting a scarf. But the design was so nice that it looked good enough for adding as necklines to salwar - kameezes. I have looked online for free patterns to try my hand in making it, but patterns are hard to find. And the ones that are available are using irish crochet techniques which i am not yet familiar with. Please do anyone of you have any patterns that i can try. Please help.
    Some inspiration from these photos ( I have never pasted photos so dont know if they will show.)
    Cotton_crochet_lace_collar_trim.jpg crochet_motif_lace_motif_neckline_lace.jpg

Love
    Aditi

2. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

bc57.jpg CrochetSK4.jpg 144.2L.jpg Jersey top.jpg

Some more images that have caught my eye. I guess since i did not receive any replies, that mostly people have not tried this type of crochet . Anyway, I decided to learn a little bit of irish crocheting as it seems most neckline have some of these motifs. To that effect, i have done the rose from the 4th pic on this post and the leaves from the 3 rd pic. I am still a long way from having a concrete design in my mind.
    I have plans to use this post as a wish list/inspiration and also to post updats\es. In the meanwhile, if any of you are trying to do this as well, we can encourage each other as patterns for irish crochet patterns are very old mostly so they use a kind of language i am having trouble deciphering.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have done this collar in knitting using circular needles on a t-shirt long ago aditi..you pick up thread from through the neck line and work on it. i had to do this because the neck was too deep and my dd was not comfortable. i don't have the t-shirt nor picture.

these days these crochet laces are found on hemlines, skirts, ruffles in blouses and tops. some are not great quality thread too. you can work using thin cotton yarn..and stictch to the collar..

check out in antique library.. i think there is a book by priscilla..not sure if i remember it right.

most of them are real old patterns..and the designs are mainly don using irish patterns. but not necessary pineapples, shells also can be incorporated.

i am not crocheting or knitting these days or i would have joined you.

4. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Hello Shanvy

Its so great to hear from you after so long. How have you been?

Well you are right. The book is priscilla book of irish crochet #1 and 2. I had downloaded both. But the language there is soooooooooo tough. I can barely read their patterns. But I am trying. I had not tried irish patterns before. ALso most picture patterns are in russian or turkish sites, They seem to have guidelnes alongwith the picture but i cant seem to get them easily. Some help here and there from bloggers around the world is helpful. :)

i am trying to work with a very small hook with normal cotton yarn. I will keep posting as they turn out.

Till then i need to keep my interest alive till the end. Which in truth is my real problem . :)

Love
    Aditi

5. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Hi Aditi

you can check the same at lacxo.com and can buy these kind of stuff on very lower rates.
    Shivani

6. stilldeshi

stilldeshi Senior IL'ite

Hi Aditi,
    These patterns are beautiful. There is no harm in checking you tube videos for the instructions.