Need help for a consulting company

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by sonalika, Jan 11, 2012.

1. sonalika

sonalika New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Is there anyone who can guide me how to open a recruiting firm. Any books, fed backs, website really count a lot for me.

Thanks
    Sonalika

2. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Sonalika,

You mean a consulting company?
    Here are few things that I am aware off:

1. Find a suitable name
    2. Look for CPA to register your company - LLC or Inc
    3. You can work as a middle layer for months/ yr until it generates a revenue as you can't do H1B initially.
    4. You can hire ppl on OPT
    5. Need to find a lawyer who can help on immigration related quries
    6. You can take the help of CPA who registered the company to generate pay checks - he/she will help you understand process involved in it.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Thanks

3. sonalika

sonalika New IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for your info. Just want to give you a brief introduction abt my self. I am a mom of two kids staying in california. I am a Graphic designer and Networking Associate. Opening my consulting company is my dream. Any samll info also count a lot for me. I have already registered company and started making a web site and looking for a CPA.
    Do you have any idea from where to get candidates. Is there any website which shares the Dice/Monster password. Or is there is any other way or website to search candidates with paying low rates.Any help/inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Sonalika

4. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Sonalika, That's really a good start...but how did you register a company without CPA? Did you do it online? Can you register on jobs sites as employer initially and try your luck from there. Otherwise contacts also matters a lot. Spread the word around your friends and family and try to build a relationship with consulting firm to place the candidates. At first you / husband can work as of the employee. Key is when you have job to place you will automatically find the candidates from job sites. So try building a good relationships with consulting firms first and take from there...

Hope this helps you...

Thanks

5. KalpanaJay

KalpanaJay Junior IL'ite

Hi Just20,
    I have a question. If we have a job to place, should we post the ad. in Dice , monster etc? I heard they charge a lot for posting Ads. Also what is OPT?

6. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Kalpana,

Yes, they do cost a bit high - but would get lot of response...Have you tried posting in Indeed.com, criaglist?
    OPT - students after graduating from schools (MS,MBA etc) will get 1 + yrs of OPT time(temporary EAD) which means they can work for any employer without H1B.

7. ashobiz

ashobiz New IL'ite

If you ask me it is easy to start a consulting business... In india unemployment is the major problem, so first visit Naukri and create a database of talented students for your business... next, again visit naukri and create a list of companies database... contact HR and say that you have talented students... grow your business... for succeeding in consulting business you need to do lots of calls... so be ready for that...

8. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Ashobiz,

OP is residing at Santa Clara, US. Do you think Naukri will be of any use to her.

9. ashobiz

ashobiz New IL'ite

Ohh... i thought she is from India... naukri won't be useful for her... but she can try other sites like mosterjobs.com... but i hope it will be difficult to start a consulting firm in usa...

10. sonalika

sonalika New IL'ite

Yeah I am trying to get the password of monster but it is quit expensive. Not sure it is well to invest so much with out any incoming.Pls give some guidelines.