Need Help: Endometrial TB at Dr. Sushila shetty

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Nbleela, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Nbleela

Nbleela Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am TTC for more than 2 yrs. I recently consulted Dr. Sushila shetty in Bangalore. She has asked me to do an Endometrial TB test. She has asked me to come on 2nd day of my period. I am really scared. Has anyone gone through the test? Please let me know how this test is conducted in Dr. Sushila shetty's clinic.

Also, I would like to know if any of you have any experience with this doctor. Has anyone successfully conceived after getting treatment from Dr. Sushila Shetty, please do share your experiences.

Thanks,
    Leela

2. Nbleela

Nbleela Junior IL'ite

No replies :(
    Pls help me friends. I will be grateful if anybody replies to my thread. Thanks in advance.

3. nekkanti

nekkanti Bronze IL'ite

I underwent TB test... And got negative...They take your blood sample for the test

4. Nbleela

Nbleela Junior IL'ite

Thanks for the reply nekkanti. Can you please explain if we need to collect the menstrual blood and give them or will the doctor operate and take it from the uterus. Is this a painful process? Is this similar to PAP Smear test? I googled to get information about Endometrial TB, some say it is a very painful process, I am totally confused and also scared. When they conducted PAP test on me, I had terrible pain. I don't know how this Endometrial TB will be :(

5. Nbleela

Nbleela Junior IL'ite

Feeling sad... no replies....

6. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

Hi

Please confirm the type of test to be done. A DNA PCR test can give false positives very easily. The only real way to confirm is if the culture is grown in the lab. Again chances of contamination are high. I would suggest you to avoid this test altogether.it lacks purpose. Read Dr. Malpani''s blog on it.

I had a TB PCR done which came out positive. The only thing I remember is crying a lot after the test. Doctors need a reason to give and faulty tests serve as one.

7. Nbleela

Nbleela Junior IL'ite

Hi tarasharma,

Thanks for the response friend. Yes, I too saw Dr. Malpani's blog and he says the Endometrial TB test is unnecessary and its waste of money. But Dr. Sushila shetty wants to do this test to confirm if the lining of the endometrium is perfect and no other TB infection is there. As you said the culture is grown in the lab for about 6 weeks. Before performing IVF they want me to take up this EB test, that too it is done on 2nd day of period..... its very annoying..... and I don't know how I will bear the pain....

I am not getting response from anyone who have taken treatment with Dr. Sushila Shetty, just need to confirm how the test will be done at her clinic and how was the experience with this doctor. Is it ok to continue with her or to change my gyno????

8. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

It is quite difficult to grow the bacteria in lab. Also there is always chance of contamination. I would suggest you to avoid this test. If possible take an opinion from another doctor

Also have you undergone HSG?

9. Nbleela

Nbleela Junior IL'ite

No, I have not undergone HSG

10. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

I have taken this test long time back. As far as I remember, Yes, it will be slightly painful. They will scrap a small piece of tissue from your vagina/ uterus and then do a biopsy on that sample... Speak to your doctor about the fear in mind before taking test