Need details of shops in Sowcarpet for Marriage purchase

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by b1985, Feb 9, 2012.

1. b1985

b1985 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married soon and have started to purchase things needed for the functions like gift sarees, sarees for me etc etc. I am planning to do this in Sowcarpet. though in chennai for few years...... i am not aware of any shops in Sowcarpet :bonk though always heard of it ....... so please advice me in which shop (If you can mention the street name it would be of great help :bowdown) i can buy the below listed items.... I am looking out for quality products and wider varieties ....so please help ladies ....

1. Imitation sets for engagement,marriage and reception
    2. Simple imitation sets for parties, virunthus etc..
    3. Gift Sarees , salwars and sarees for me ( to wear for virunthu etc)
    4. Makeup products

Also please do let me know if i can buy any other things for my marriage from here if i have not already listed them :hide:

2. b1985

b1985 Bronze IL'ite

Ladies please help ...

3. b1985

b1985 Bronze IL'ite

:( still no reply.... chennaities ...pls help me

4. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

hi, i am not sure about sowcarpet.. but once went to washermanpet and found that the sarees sold were at very reasonable prices.. i personally found that the designer sarees are much cheaper than the ones sold in t.nagar..

5. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi for imitation jewellery its on the way to mit street you can find out many shops which they are selling these kind of jewellery sets.
    I dont know about the rates but i have seen there many wholesale shops which will give you good discount when you buy more.
    Regarding sarees and dress material in mint street there are many shops northindian shops near to jain temple that sells northindian style sarees.
    Please have a look at this thread for more info on Parrys.http://www.indusladies.com/forums/personal-services/153050-best-shops-in-parrys-chennai.html

6. b1985

b1985 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot Sudha... the link really gave me all the details i wanted ..:) :) thanks a lot for sharing