1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Details for DIVORCE

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by kalyanibas, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kalyanibas

kalyanibas New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

We both are decided to file divorce mutual concent.How long it will take to get the divorce? how many time need to presence in front of judge ?Pls help me to any good lawyer from Madurai?If possible pls give me the detailed procedure for applying divorce.

Thanks in advance:bonk

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

contact a family./divorce lawyer in your area....they will guide you with best possible suggestions on how to get it done with less heartache.

3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

both of u can keep one common lawyer and then get the things done cheaply.. it will take just 6 mons..
    once u both hav to appear in court and tell lawyer tht both of u r ok with it..after some time u get another date.
    both of u shld appear again on tht date with out missing (which is after 6mons) - divorce is done..its simple and easy in process

4. kalyanibas

kalyanibas New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply laxmi.Can you pls tell how much it costs approximately?
    Shall I claim the monthly maintenance from him?Even the problem is with me.I don't want to have s** with him.I don't like to see his face also.I only initiate the divorce.He is working in abroad.and earn a take home income of 1 lac.Now i don't have job.Until my settlement i need money from him.But he is refused to give money for my expense due to this reason.He told me if you behave a good wife then only i give money to you.. like this
    In this situation shall i have the rights to claim the monthly maintenance cost from him?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

In any situation a wife have right to claim maintenance, u need to file maintenance case ..u will sure be winning it ..after that you will get mount every month.. alternatively u can take one time settlement as alimony while applying mutual consent divorce if he agrees to give it.
    For me it costed less say 25 -30k for mutual consent becoz i kept a cheap lawyer
    in my case my ex wanted divorce so he gave me very less amount as alimony, took divorce through mutual and has moved on..
    even for maintenance case lawyers charge money..if u file it u can probably send the notice to his parents house address..
    From my personal experience , try to talk to his relatives and get the things done peacefully if he is very sick at attitude and behavior..again u r the one to suffer if he doesnt give u divorce for long time..
    If there is only mental compatability problem, then try to adjust with him..life changes post divorce its not the same.

6. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

This really sucks!!!!!!! Did you enter this marriage blindfolded??? You hate this guys face so much that you cant have S** with him and yet you want alimony for supporting you????

If its your decesion to divorce him stand on your own feet first instead of asking him to support you. This will be for your own good. He didnt even get the basic benefit of being married and you are asking for spousal support??

Unless, I am missing something, you sound very callous!

2 people like this.
  7. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Can you please explain what are reasons for divorce? If you don't like to see his face how did you marry him? Was this forced marriage?

8. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Unconsummated marriage?? wont they annul the marriage in such scenario?? Not sure OP can claim alimony then?

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

According to a Supreme court ruling,
    If your husband decides to use this clause against you, then it seems highly unlikely that you would be able to lay any claim on alimony.

10. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

There's a very slim chance that you get alimony from him. Unless & until there is some other reason for divorce apart from your sex life.