Need company to start stock trading

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by tenkanidiyoor, Apr 2, 2015.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi shanvy,
    nice to hear from you again. Yes, its time for some jubilation isn't it? My portfolio which was running minus by more than 30 % has now declined t0 -10. These would be due to infra stocks like IVRCL etc which i think will not turn positive in at least 5 years from now! However, have started a bucket investment of around a lakh - spread out among large cap stocks like Biocon,ITC and some banking shares like Federal bank etc.
    I think there is a positive mood going ahead , so we can do some buying at this stage and also sell off if your idea is coming out after having reached a certain margin.
    Let me know , how you are going forward :blush:

Shanvy likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ivrcl
    Looks dud @joylokhi . I think some scamming there. Remember the kolkatta flyover crash.. i think it was them.

Itc i am invested for long. Banks look not rosy yet i am in with sbi for long.

Looking at tvs motors, and m&m for long.. but it has run a little tvs..

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Yesw shanvy, i have sbi and TVS motors for long and bought a few of TVS motors again also. These both are safe for sure. Your right about IVRCL, same goes for GMR which i have from long, but having lost 90% already in that, i find no point in selling at this stage - so simply letting it rest in portfolio hoping it turns +ve! Some of the reliance shares also are in red - and should be avoided.

Shanvy likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I am in exide hoping for more run there. Not much. I buy 25 to 50

Tata steel finally some strength there. Tata beverages no idea why it is lagging..

L&t some issues with payments and deliverables. And dredging looks fine

I had a dud one for sometime jayant agro and suddenly it went vroom. Sold it off.

joylokhi likes this.
  5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy, deciding to sell is the problem for me. I find i had sold off many stocks of very good valuations at just a 10% raise or so. And, Im not very good at this stop loss thing also! We cannot always be safe and correct i presume. How about you when it comes to selling? Yes stocks where there is a sudden spurt after lying very low, it is safe to just come out .

Shanvy likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I think it is the most common problem @joylokhi to sell. It is a discipline i don't have and my dh tells me that is the mistake that sinks all profits.

Getting out at 15% to 20% is great discipline, but i dont follow:BangHead:

joylokhi likes this.
  7. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Girls on what basis you are doing analysis ..I mean to say based technical analysis,or past history or based on company fundamentals..

I invested longterm in vlss long back got profit also but couldn't book ended up in loss,sjvn again govt company I invested kept for 3 yrs no profit ended up in loss..than I tried intraday trade recovered my loss. but one day market was very votile I couldn't take proper measure ( SL,exit) lost my capital.. After that I didn't touch..now a days not watching market also..I just knw sensex reached 30k.

I want to come back n invest in long term could you plz help how to pick stocks

Thank u :)

8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear neha,
    if your aim is only long term investing, it is not much of a problem. Instead of technicals, you can just look into the fundamentals of the stock from some popular websites like economic times, moneycontrol etc and the suggestions there for the long term . You should be ready to hold them for at least 2 years to see any real returns. choose only large cap and a few mid cap stocks from the recommendations, and try with small amounts in the beginning till u are confident.
    Trading , on the other hand does give immediate returns, for which you can go by the technical recommendations - but there are always chances of loosing also. Once u keep at it, the trend will become clear. All the best.

28neha likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@28neha i don't do trading. I am a long term investor. I hold some scrips just for their value, dividends and sometimes i make a lot of mistakes. What was looking great can just crash. The it doom crashed a few and the recent demonetisation saw to some crash in banking sector.

So i hold itc from 2007 or 08 i think. I bought some 50 then got bonus share then split. I now hold 100 with a good net profit with annual dividends. I missed a few like eicher, mrf and wabco. Would have bern great.

And i play with money that we assume is not mine. I don't get tempted by sips or intraday or ioc. I am ok with holding for some time.

You can never time the markets. Any reco you follow shpuld be put to action before 11. And many a time it is not possible by then the window goes.

Inspite of a 45% of my portfolio in the red i am in the green with some good profits too. It is definitely a gamble. And do not enter in thos volatility in your pregnant state if you are looking at short term or intra trading it could be stressful.

28neha likes this.
  10. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Dear shanvy,

Happy to know your concern for pregnancy..defiantly I will not go for short term right now in this condition...
    As I am free have bit knowledge abt this so thought to start it again only for longterm investment.. Don't you think banking sector is risky now coz now major banks are getting merge so this will not have impact on stock?