Need company to start stock trading

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by tenkanidiyoor, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Joylokhi how are you faring.. i went to pick a few today..but market is down...expected mayhem and it is said it is usual.

@butterflyice did you pick asian paints.. it is 100rs down from the time we talked about it..

dollar rate, gst, mat all are taking their toll on the market..add to that scams and more..

@priyasrini marico looks good. it is still on the green today..i think the market expects good results from the company..on 30th and sbi too.. looks ok after the split..i picked 2 before the split..want to add some more of sbi..but will wait for the results and certain decisions that are pending..

Anybody following sunpharma and nmdc ??

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

No @shanvy, haven't picked Asian paints yet. It looks like its in everybody's buy list from Sudarshan Sukhani to the local broker!

1 person likes this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy,
    was initially enthusiastic thinking could pick a few good stocks due to the correction - but the trend seems really disturbing. After picking a few shares of SBI,Tata motors - cant think of much good value stocks. DCB also seems OK, got a few . Ironically, the mood to play the market also only comes when there is an uptrend;-)

2 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@joylokhi i know what you mean. i had maruti on my watch list from 3000, and it told myself it is too costly. even on monday i thought i will just get 2, at 3500 then i said what if the results..and yesterday it was one of those stocks that ralied to great.. i would have made some decent profit..it always happens.

there is insider trading in many stocks. did you see wochardt..it was in my wish list for observation..and then i picked sunpharma.but pharma is quite tricky with the associations rejecting and accepting..

i picked lichousing, sunpharma ..and thinking of nmdc and maruthi..hope ilandfs rises for you, with the government initiating speed into the projects...

I have dabur and itc ..heard one of dabur's factory got destroyed in the quake..and monsoon uncertainity great negative trigger for this sector..hoping gst will put some green into it.

2 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

How are you all doing...market is too volatile. looks like the rumor maybe true...that the there is a inner agenda to pull down the nifty to 7500 and make is more easier to grab..seriously scary place if you are putting all your hard earned money..

index barely trying to hold the 27k and 8100...be safe people. stay put if you are long and if you hold good scrips just hang in there and yes try to pool some money..maybe may mid/end will give a clue where the market will go from here...

warren buffets quote that seems apt right now.. "IT is far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.."

[FONT=Noto Sans, sans-serif][/FONT]

3 people like this.
  6. Parkavy

Parkavy New IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam Parkavy working in IT in chennai.Iam new to shares and trades can anyone suggest me an easy way to get konowledge about it.I want to earn some consant money from that.So someone please help me

7. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

You can post your queries here; we will try to answer ; first principle
    is you should have a long term horizon when you invest ; say 3 to 5 years; pick fundamentally good companies; you should invest that amount of money about which you will not worry/ require for three to five years; should not bother about short term price movements

Pls shoot your questions

8. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone
    Is everyone who have posted on this thread active in investing/trading financial markets? IF yes, could you please come out and let us know who's trading Indian Markets, USA Markets, USA markets, etc. ?
    I suppose we can combine efforts for western and eastern markets, brainstorm and exchange ideas. We could also split them to Long term, intermediate and short term ideas.
    For clarity
    a)Long term = months
    b)Intermediate term = weeks
    c)Short term = days
    We don't have to talk about intra-day here since most people seem to be investors but anything goes.
    Regards
    S

9. JShreenath

JShreenath Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I know this is an old thread but trying to see if I can get it to become active or open another thread.
    As far as time frames are concerned, it's up to you to decide however. In investment world, traders tend to classify
    Long term as those trades where you use a combination of 5 yearly/yearsly/quarterly/monthly charts as the focus time frame; typically weekly and daily charts can be used for trade entry and exit
    Intermediate term: Use weekly charts as focus time frame with daily being a basis for trade entry
    Short term could be defined using daily charts: typically daily and swing trading.
    Ultra high frequency trading(UHFT) is something where trades are taken and exited intraday

Now all this may change a little for people who trade futures and commodities There they usually do intraday, day, swing and position trading. Position trading refers to positions that are held for weeks.

Generally we can assume long term trading refers to holding positions for months or weeks if it suits you that way.

As far as selling is concerned:
    Majority of people who get into a trade(probably somewhere between 80 to 90%) don't have a clear trading plan with clear strategies for entries and exits. So it's natural for people to be swayed by emotions of greed and fear when it comes to exiting a position. So the answer for your question is, you have to develop your own method or learn from someone, so that it suits your trading psychology and temperament. This can be done with adequate back testing if you have developed a strategy which has positive expectations. YOu can also adapt a trailing stop method where the stop order you place itself will keep you or get you of the market.
    Hope this helps
    S

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

How are you doing @joylokhi with the @30000+ sensex and @butterflyice what about you??