1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Clarification regarding my eligibility for applying Canada Immigration Visa.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by kavikish, Jun 10, 2010.

1. kavikish

kavikish Senior IL'ite

I am interested in applying for Canada Immigration Visa and need some clarifications on my eligibility for the same.I am currently residing in United States of America (Tempe, Arizona) and have been here for the past 3.5 years with my family. Came into US on H4 Visa and now I have applied and currently working on a H1B visa.

Educational Qualifications: 18 years
    Regarding my Educational Qualifications, I possess a total of 18 years of education, which includes, 2 years of Masters in Business Administration, 4 years of Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering, and 14 years of schooling.

Work Experience: 4.3 years (4 years in India and 3 months in US)
    Moving on to Work Experience, I've worked in India for 4 years and then took a break for 3 years(this was the period when I was in US on H4 visa). Then I applied for my H1B and started working since March, 2010. So my total work experience would be 4.3 years with a break.

Family Background:
    I am an Indian National who is currently working in US on H1B. My husband is also an Indian National and he is also working in the US on H1B starting Dec, 2007. He holds a total work experience of 12+ years in the IT industry and also a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration. I also have a son who was born in the US (US Citizen) and is 3 years old.
    Having given all these details, I would like to get more light on my eligibility to apply for a Canadian Immigration Visa. Awaiting your valuable inputs on the same.

IL'es....PLZ HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I think your husband can apply for Canada immigration thru Managerial category as he has ample experiance. You may apply as his dependent, and there is no work restriction in Canada for dependents..

3. kavikish

kavikish Senior IL'ite

@ writeme: Thanks so much for the response. Will surely look into that option.