1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Apartment Suggestions in Alpharetta

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by cchitu14, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cchitu14

cchitu14 New IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to move to Alpharetta within a month...We are looking for Apartments with lot of indians..

Can somebody help me in finding the right place.

Viji.

2. vedasamhita

vedasamhita New IL'ite

You would find lot of indians in stoneleigh apartments at deerfield, The preserve, woodbridge...But what is the zip code where you are looking out the apts..

3. cchitu14

cchitu14 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Am looking for apartments in 30004 & 30022.

Viji.

4. vedasamhita

vedasamhita New IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Then the above apartments I mentioned are good enough. And in alpharetta you see many indians, so I am pretty sure, you can find friends :)

5. cchitu14

cchitu14 New IL'ite

Hi Vedasamhita,

Thanks..Just wanted to know abt Addison Place...and your thoughts on any other appartments around abbots bridge and state bridge area.

Regards,
    Viji

6. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Re: Moving to Atlanta Need help with Apartment Search

Hi Ladies,

I would like to share my experience on apartment search in Atlanta.

Crrently my husband's office is in Alpharetta but shifting to Dunwoody in this Nov. so, whether we live in Dunwoody or Alpharetta, there will be at least 5-6 months of commuting either way. We started looking for apartments in Dunwoody/Sandyspring area first but we liked Alpharetta apartments better as they are spacious and we also liked the area as it's more safe. so we decided to live in Alpharetta. We'll see next year whether to move to Dunwoody or not.

We didn't consider public transport as we don't use it and also any school as we don't have any kids yet. What we considered is safety and cleanliness (I'm a clean-freak person and terrified of all bugs).

Here's my reviews on the apartments we took a look:

Apartments in Alpharetta/Rosewell area:

Windward place: many Indians are there but ok apartments
    Preserve at Deerfield: good place to live, many Indians, clean community, but paperthin walls - you can hear noises all the time if you live downstairs, One of my frnds live here...
    Stoneleigh at Deerfield : very good apartments, clean and safe place with lots of Indians around. One of our frnds lived there and they loved it. It was far from my husband's office so didn't consider it.

Actually, almost all apartments in deerfield area (exit 11 I think) are good with many indians living there.

Wesley at Windward : The rents are high for what they offer. Horrible place to live, infested with roaches and other bugs. pretty amount of Indians live there. Many of my Husband's colleagues left the place coz of roach problem(one frnd didn't even bother about security deposit and left within short time). even if you keep your apt clean, they come from woods or other units because the community is not maintained clean. We visited the community 4-5 times just to check the cleanliness (one frnd of ours still live there due to their frnds group) and everytime except once the community was not clean at all, leaves everywhere, the pool was dirty and the small pond was stinking.
    they showed us one apartment that was stinking like hell, the lady told us it's a smell of paint but I know it wasn't it. The other apartment she showed was newly renovated so it looked good from inside. But we dropped the idea to live there at all bcoz I have phobia of roaches and cannot stand any bug in my house.

Grande Oaks : Nice apartments, clean community, gates are closed all the time, safe place to live, white cabinets in kitchen(I prefer) .
    We visited many times coz my husband's frnds live there. I love it but the apartment we wanted was not available at the time.

Lexington farm Dr : Nice and safe apartments, very clean community, good location, almost all stores are nearby.
    This is where we just moved in. We visited this community many times before moving in as my husband's colleagues live here. I just love here.

Rents are almost similar everywhere in Alpharetta/Rosewell area. Few things to keep in mind before finalizing apartment:

1. Visit the community more than once if possible to get better idea
    2. Look for top floor if possible just to avoid any noises
    3. Avoid first floor if you're terrified of insects (like me) as they are a big problem if you're living on first floor
    4. Avoid wood facing apartments as insects mainly come from woods even if you keep your apartment clean
    5. Check for elec. power and Internet/cable provider they have available (few apartments have comcast cable for which they carge $99/month for internet/cable even if you use their cable or not)
    6. try to avoid apartments in corners or in isolated area as they are less safer than ones in center and front facing. (we never think of this in NJ, but in Atlanta there are lots of break-ins happen so need to be extra careful).
    7. Enter the address of apartments in Crimereport site and you can see how many & what kind of crimes happened there. You can decide whether it's safe to live or not.

Hope this can be of any help to people moving to Atlanta.

Regards,
    Nidhi

lotusjuturu and Jashtar like this.
  7. Archana87

Archana87 New IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to move to Lex Apartments, any recent comments on them would be helpful. Please let me know if anyone in the group is currently staying there.

Thanks,
    Archana

8. poornima123

poornima123 New IL'ite

Hi friends my name is Poornima . I am moving Alpharetta so I am searching for Indian community apartments and good elementary school please suggest me.

thanks
    poornima

9. poornima123

poornima123 New IL'ite

Re: Moving to Alpharetta Need help with Apartment Search

Hi friends anybody lives in wood creek Apartment Rose well. Please suggest me good apartments with Indian community

thanks
    poornima

10. lotusjuturu

lotusjuturu New IL'ite