1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice Urgently

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Layanj, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Layanj

Layanj New IL'ite

I'm going through divorce in America. My ex is not agreeing to any of my request and making it impossible to get divorce. He abused me mentally ,physically and financially during four years of marriage. Threatened me multiple times and My in laws threatened me not to come back to India and I have to face consequences if I do so and they will do anything to child away from me. I do not have strong proof except for few text messages . And even after I applied divorce he is still emotionally abusing me and our child. Please suggest how I can get out of this situation. Are there any women communities that I can reach for help. My ex is very good manipulator and he can convince anyone easily.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Call the local police. They can get your husband out of the house, and keep him away until your divorce is final. The police will also suggest women's shelters if you are willing to give up your house and run away to that shelter.
    Tell the police very clearly that your husband does not own any guns; otherwise, ( I am assuming he is darker skinned) he might get shot and killed, when the police visits you.

omnam, Sunshine04 and sindmani like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Reach out to your local police station.

Google for the nearest women n child support center.

Search online to find any women abuse support people.

And Give them a call first and check if they can help or offer you any good reference.

If your in laws bully you again, say you will make a police complaint against them too for all this harassment.

Stay strong. You are doing this for you and your child. And a safer home n future. Every ounce of your strength will mean a lot at this time for you and your child.

sindmani likes this.
  4. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

Where in America are you? There must be local women's shelters you can reach out to. As for divorce, you can do it without his consent as well, but I think you'd need a lawyer. If you can be more specific about where you are, maybe I can look something up for you

sindmani likes this.
  5. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

My only suggestion------ shell out more money to hire a good divorce attorney in your state as good attorneys are always expensive ....that's the best solution to all your problems...

99 % of the times, the party who gets the best deal is the party with the better divorce attorney n the truth is better attorney means more expensive one !!

6. Anchor108

Anchor108 New IL'ite

@Layanj -
    First of all STAY STRONG ! This is the time when you HAVE to STAY STRONG ! If you believe in God, any God, to give you strength, chant name of your favorite deity continuously. You have to stay strong for yourself and your child. Stay strong so you will come out of this successfully. I'm assuming your in-laws are in India. DO NOT talk to them now. You can deal with them later IF (not when) you face them India. Don't let them scare you. Don't fall for their abusive, scaring tactics. Stay strong and deal with the situation. I know it is tough, so learn to be tough! Tell yourself you & your kid will be out of his abuse soon. Keep a journal (diary with dates) about daily happenings/abuse, it may help as proof. God is on your side, you are about to get out of an abusive marriage ! Feel Good about it ! It will all be over soon. Once this is over, you will be laughing at all this !
    Wishing you All The Best ! Lots of Love.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017