1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need advice/tips!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by krithi1611, Mar 10, 2015.

1. krithi1611

krithi1611 New IL'ite

HI All ladies,

fine... am coming directly to my question. the uneasiness am facing is that my SIL will be always/almost in our home only. her Husband side family(their parents are in other place and they visit very rarely) are not so close to them and fully depend on my MIL. so from her end- like she is coming to her home only.
    but everytime everyday in our home staying is sometimes giving uncomfortness.
    my Sil's daughter and my son both are growing in our MIL hands only. that s fine.
    even Sunday also she ll spend half of day in our house only.. I donknow wen this situation ll change.
    I need tips to handle to this situation.

2. RedFlower

RedFlower Silver IL'ite

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

There is no way to avoid daughters visit to mom place. You have to move out if it's bothering you much.

2 people like this.
  4. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

You can use it as a license to go to ur house... visit ur mom ..... the minute sil comes...say byee am going to see my mom and leave

3 people like this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

You must be crazy, someone visiting constantly and even on weekends? How can someone live like this, what is the SIL's DH doing??? Does he have any decency to send his wife off constantly to her parents house and also visit on weekends ??

OP get your own place and move out or you take your DH and visit your mom's house.

2 people like this.
  6. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Plan weekend outings with DH.

1 person likes this.
  7. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

You can't really do anything, all parents like their married daughters visiting and they will care for her kids a lot more than yours.

You probably have to keep yourself engaged, get a job, get out of the house volunteer, shop and visit your own friends and relatives.

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Try inviting your sils in laws to visit you for sometime

9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

op ladies who are being defensive are the one who are committing same crime.So neglect there advice.

Once your sils kid start going school that will reduce automatically.
    You can tell them directly that some time you both can shift to SILs home so we husband wife can have some privacy.
    But this may backfire on your.Only you can decide if its worth fighting for.I did it and it affected my relationship with sil mil and fil.But i dont care because i have strong backing of my husband.

1 person likes this.
  10. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

Are you living with you ILs at their native place ? Or they living with you in some city where your H worked and your SIL stays in same city.

What ever is the case.. I agree with many posters.

I do not think it is right to fight directly and ask to reduce visits even if you are lucky to have H's backing. I have brother soon to be married and I visit my parents 1-in-2 yrs but I live like before marriage. Even then your post got me worried.

I do understand it causes interference and disturbance in family.Once her kid starts school, it will reduce but she will still need support of your MIL which is her RIGHT.
    One way is take her as casual family member and not to treat her like guest if she frequents that often. Try to be part of conversations.

One of my cousin brothers wife (SIL's) does same. Cousin's sis comes (not that often though but they do not like each other) once of 4 months, and she goes to her parents.
    There is no MIL in the house. FIL goes to work so she stays at home alone.

Does she tell you to do things? You not in talking terms? what are the issues that you do not like her a lot?