Need advice/suggestions regarding self esteem

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by amnilakshmi, Feb 14, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

This post might be put up at the wrong forum. Thot of getting some suggestions. I have been feeling for quiet some time that i have been losing good friends and my hubby keeps telling me that i am not mingling much with anyone. When i tried to write down my positives and negatives based on self analysis, i found that i was able to gauge that i am very
    1) egoisitic
    2) get angry very very soon
    3) have a low self esteem as i am dark.
    4) I donot like people who talk behind me and dont respect me.
    5) If i start to Talk then tell others whatever i have in mind.

I have not been moving well with my in-laws due to which the relationship with my hubby is also in trouble. I would like to work through these negatives. Also let me know if the above negatives are common issues faced :) ?Please help me with your suggestions on how to improve myself and how to change myself.

Thanks in advance.

2. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Dear
    its good that you are frank enough to list down your negatives...that combined with your intention to rectify is half the battle won...

I will start with your ILs..do they stay with you. you have mentioned that you do not get well with them...Maybe you can start of spending more time with them, doing things that they like and approve of....

for eg. my MIL liked going to parlours once in few months for basic facial etc...i used to HATE doing tht..but over a period of time i conditioned myslef to accopmany her...and she used to appreciate that/

ask your MIL to guide you in kitchen tips, cooking etc..ask her for tips on what your hubby likes, dislikes, his childhood anectodes...basically make her feel valued....

if you buy something, for eg, show it to her...or ask her on what menu to be cooked etc...do all this genuinely..I am sure over a period of time, your DH will observe that you are making efforts to gel with his family...this will also improve your standing with him