Need Advice. Sinking :(

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by MahiSree, Jul 22, 2016.

1. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I had just posted a thread on Parenting forum for my DS's problem.
    I had already posted here few months before
    No career growth :( Dissatisfied. Am I the cause?

I made every attempt to improvise my presentation skills and became a little better.
    But I was blown out causing a drag again when my DH went through a very major surgery and I was on 2 months LOP to take care of him. Still he's at home recovering and MIL is also sick.

When I came back to work this month, as expected I was released from the earlier assignment, and now moved to a new assignment which is very challenging. Still I like it as I can learn new skills out of it.

Now I could sense that am losing myself indulging in thoughts about my DH and DS. This new assignment requires a lot of concentration and learning. I am trying to race up, but becoming weak and tired because I was sleepless for the past two months because of the surgery and post-care.

We've a maid to help at home for cleaning, breakfast and lunch. But dinner, I and MIL would prepare. So back from office (Around 8pm), cook or help MIL, eat after everyone finishes, sit with DS for his HW, check mails for next day's work, go to bed at 10:30 or 11 PM. Wake up at 5:30, prepare lunch for me and DS, make him ready by 7:30 and leave to office around 7:45 am. This is my routine.

Few days I can work from home.

And now I need to improve my concentration and involvement on work completely as its career critical.
    Please advice. (You can even scold me if I am not fit for anything)

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Dear MahiSree
    Why should we scold you..sister ? I have read and re-read your problem and you surely needs loving balming soothing words.
    First of all..i salute your courage for taking care of your DH..DS..Mil..home..and at the same time being a career woman..
    Since you have so many duties up your sleeves...i would suggest that you do at least 15 min of yoga and 15 min of meditation everyday..This Me-time will help you cope with your anxiety.

KashmirFlower and MahiSree like this.
  3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

.....also offering daily prayers to one's Ishta Dev...does wonder if one finds himself / herself in some precarious situation...
    No elaborate pooja procedures are required..just light an incense..fold your hands..and tell God whatever is bothering you and pray for guidance and support.
    Please remember that when all doors gets closed...the door of God one must knock..because like a loving parent He is our EVER WELLWISHER...

4. TheRealMe

TheRealMe New IL'ite

You are doing everything good..dont be so stressed..I feel your are facing this problem from your work front because you have joined in after two months leave..therefore give yourself some time..i am sure within a week or two you will be fine and be able to handle all this situation easily..and its a matter of time before your DH recovers and also your MIL will be fine..therefore these things will also reduce some pressure..so i would just say give yourself some time try and catch up with the project and very soon you everything will be FINE..

Best of luck nd Prayers...

KashmirFlower, padma0604 and MahiSree like this.
  5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Take a few almonds and dates every day to improve concentration. This will make you feel energetic. All you need is a little bit of me time, as you are working a lot. Your efforts at home and office are too much, but you are doing a very great job. Kudos! Take healthy foods, and try cooking simple dinner items. Weekends, try to engage in a hobby at least for 1 hr. You will feel better.

KashmirFlower and MahiSree like this.
  6. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

You are doing too much .. trust me..

Dont feel otherway .. It happens.. and happens with everyone..

U cant control every front ..

Just do ur best ..

I will suggest , opt for Cooking maid as well if its feasible.. for next few months.. till the time this assignment is over or other control..

have few dry fruits as other IL's suggested..

Do some meditation..

Once u r in office .. Just focus on work.. Set time for 30 mins.. see how much productive can be done without thinking for anything.. Than take 5 mins break .. than 30 mins work time.. See if its working for u ..

All d best and dont think so much .. U r doing already too much for ur plate..

MahiSree likes this.
  7. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much dc24.
    Your words are so true and encouraging.
    So far, no body had even asked if I wanted a cup of tea when I reach home late :(
    At home, they think that am doing my duty and nothing superficial.

Now I understand that am doing better and in fact a bit more as another friend suggested.
    I'll practice Yoga/Meditation as you told and will keep you posted :)

padma0604 likes this.
  8. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Sorry @realMe and @dc24.
    Quoted the posts wrongly...

@realMe,
    Thanks much for your wishes and prayers. Yes I feel like shouting at nights and getting emotional even for petty things. I should not think of these and pat myself.

9. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Thanks much Visasri.
    I'll take healthy supplements as you suggested.
    Ya, I desperately need a 'Me-Time'. I have to check out ways for that.
    Will keep you posted the improvements :)

10. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

You are doing too much .. trust me.. --- At home, every one says its not a big deal :S

Dont feel otherway .. It happens.. and happens with everyone.. ---- hmmm

U cant control every front ..hmmm

Just do ur best .. ---Correct

I will suggest , opt for Cooking maid as well if its feasible.. for next few months.. till the time this assignment is over or other control.. -- Our maid comes at 8 am only as she is working in another home for a longer time. She's trustworthy. So continuing with her. As I and DS has to start at 7:30am, I would cook for both of us. Some simple ones only.

have few dry fruits as other IL's suggested.. -- Sure dear

Do some meditation.. -- Sure

Once u r in office .. Just focus on work.. Set time for 30 mins.. see how much productive can be done without thinking for anything.. Than take 5 mins break .. than 30 mins work time.. See if its working for u ..
    -- Thanks for this piece. It really sounds possible and positive. Will surely update you on the improvements.

All d best and dont think so much .. U r doing already too much for ur plate -- Thanks and Yes, let me give a try.

padma0604 likes this.