Need Advice On Natural Child Birth

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ngrn, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ngrn

ngrn Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know more about natural child birth and tips and advice/any exercise that can help promote natural child birth. I stay abroad, me and my DH have to deal with the whole delivery, postpartum and infant care all alone without any help. I want to be as healthy and strong as possible after the delivery, then it will be easy going for me and my husband. So ladies who had normal delivery please post your experiences and post delivery recovery process. It is gonna help me a lot if I know what i will be going through.

Thanks

2. Bhanulakshmi

Bhanulakshmi Bronze IL'ite

hi ngrn,
    h r u doing...
    which month r u in nw..
    even i m desperate to have natural birth yaar ..dat too because of no external help post delivery..
    have u been concentrating on physical activity..
    i started going for yoga under my doctors advice...first time was tough..but from second time my body got adjusted.
    n hw about maintaining ur weight gain...
    c dat u maintain ur weight gain in the range given to u by ur doctor.
    currently in my case i walk,do yoga n i will be standing while cooking n doing other household stuff..
    i m in my 8th month nw n because i gained weight in the buffer, i dont have other complications like back pain n leg pains.
    dont know what happens during delivery but lets hope fr d best:grinning:

ngrn likes this.
  3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

Congrats on your pregnancy. Which month are you in?

I had two normal deliveries and both the times I managed to do everything alone without anybody helping me. It was just me and my DH. So you know, there is nothing to worry about anything. Just relax and let the situations guide you.

Regarding the natural delivery part, I always ensured to be busy during the day. I went to office till the 9th month and also till the end, I did most of the work at home also. I used to sweep and mop the floor everyday, was h vessels, cook n clean (all my choice to do it to ensure I build my stamina and am ready). I ensure to keep my body flexible. Again, please do relax when you feel like. I used to work for half hour, relax for five minutes and then start my work again. So that way, you don't exhaust yourself.

Walking helps. Go to a park and walk...I suggest a park coz the breeze and the lawn kind of give you a soothing effect and helps you relax.

Eat right! ensure to eat a lot of salads and fruits.

PoornishaB, vrikshakadali and ngrn like this.
  4. ngrn

ngrn Senior IL'ite

Hi @Bhanulakshmi I am nearing 5 months now. My initial weight gain during first trimester was more like I gained 8 pounds but then I remained stagnant and didnt gain much. So my doctor says physically I am fit. I weigh 110 pounds now and I walk around 3 miles,go to work and do some household stuff too. I just hope I have normal delivery because the recovery part seems to be easy if there are no complications.
    Congrats on your 8th month. Your's is almost done yaay. Just one more month and your little bundle of joy will be out. I wish that all goes fine with you. Do not worry about no help. After speaking to many ppl I have got to know that lot of ppl do it all by themselves. It is just the initial nervousness I guess. I too am scared and sometimes feel like what am I gonna do. God always works in mysterious ways and if there seems like no way, then he will open some door. Have faith and lot of patience. All will be well:) Stay blessed!

Bhanulakshmi likes this.
  5. ngrn

ngrn Senior IL'ite

Hi @beautifullife30 , Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be completing my 5th month in a week.
    Please share any tips and tricks from your experiences/ given by doctor which helped you to have normal delivery. I know that the delivery part completely varies from women to women as each women's body is different, but still getting some tips and advice from experienced wont hurt, it will surely boost my confidence.
    Thanks!

6. Bhanulakshmi

Bhanulakshmi Bronze IL'ite

yep ngrn,
    in my initial 8th month now..
    almost 1 1/2 month from nw:)
    i even had it earlier and i m able to cope up with the nervousness completely now.
    desparately waiting for my delivery date.
    u r correct that there will always be some ways to get along.
    hope u got to know the gender by nw n njoying this phase..
    all the best n take care...
    stay in touch

ngrn likes this.