1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on Dealing with mama's boy

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anonymousladyin, Jan 19, 2015.

1. anonymousladyin

anonymousladyin New IL'ite

I hv been married since 1 n a half yrs. N I feel like I hv seen it ol. Mine was a love marriage where my husband promised me the world. I even met his parents who seemed nice. I got married n moved abroad with my DH for 6 months n when v came back every thing changed. His mom took ol my gifts n money that I got on my marriage. She took every thing that was gifted to me afterwards. I raised my voice that resulted in a spoilt relationship with my husband. It kept on getting from bad to worse. She even became the guardian of my jewellery. The 6 months that v spent alone was the best time of my life. But eventually he wanted to live with his parents. .. actually his mother. N there r few rules that I need to abide by living here. I cant do job, or step out of house alone.. no dates with my husband. . Its always family time. N well v go anywhere her mother always accompany us. He doesn't tok to my parents. V never go to any functions on my side of the relatives. N his mother is always making fun of my cooking.. (im new to cooking thing which I told them before marriage). My life is a living hell. My husband loves me.. but he just loves his mom too much to c any deed done by her.

2. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

:)
    your is love marriage. but your guy is mom's boy instead of yours...........

ok.
    1. dont discuss/argue with DH in any case.
    2. did you tell about your job interest to your hubby before marriage? dont care MIL. get into job first with help of parents first.
    3. you enter into lions bone. so you can't escape. just you have to fight for life long with dare mind & self encouragement. so you need financial independance first.

read SweetestSwetha's post immediately. so you can get ideas how you have to manage things with out much dramas.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Do you honestly believe a man who loves his wife turns her into a prisoner like this.Momma's boys like him just love their moms...and have no compunction in throwing their wife to the wolf(mil in this case).

Your husband is doing this out of blind love for his mommy....why are you going along with him?

4 people like this.
  4. anonymousladyin

Thank u soo much for the advice. It wasnt discuss before v decided to get married. I didnt even think to discuss it. I feel so stupid even when im writing it.. I really regret that stupidy. But right before marriage his dad said assumingly that "she wont work after marriage" my parents were surprised to hear this. I just thot that il sort it out with time.. but now I just cudnt..im just trying to search for some work from home options. N studying at home to polish my skills.
    I still believe that I can change my scenario. So just trying hard as the situation allows me.

I know he will do anything for me. I just need to work on my relation first. His mom plays a key role in destroying it.
    She just keeps on telling him the terrible life she had n that she s scared that he will change after marriage.
    Im patient since 4 months.. before that I was fighting with him like a tigeress.. nagging him.. complaining him about his mother.

5. anonymousladyin

@Reesha... Thank u soo much for the advice. It wasnt discuss before v decided to get married. I didnt even think to discuss it. I feel so stupid even when im writing it.. I really regret that stupidy. But right before marriage his dad said assumingly that "she wont work after marriage" my parents were surprised to hear this. I just thot that il sort it out with time.. but now I just cudnt..im just trying to search for some work from home options. N studying at home to polish my skills.
    I still believe that I can change my scenario. So just trying hard as the situation allows me.

I know he will do anything for me. I just need to work on my relation first. His mom plays a key role in destroying it.
    She just keeps on telling him the terrible life she had n that she s scared that he will change after marriage.
    Im patient since 4 months.. before that I was fighting with him like a tigeress.. nagging him.. complaining him about his mother.

6. anonymousladyin

The answer is simple.. "I love him". I just need to get back our love somehow..

7. AruljothiD

AruljothiD Silver IL'ite

Mama's boy ll always be mama's boy . Talk to ur hubby explain ur situation , pls dont make it as a complain (no one can take faults about their mother easily ). They know wats wrong n right but cant act because one side is the wife n other is the mother. What i did was asked my hubby politely to back off , i don't want him to be in between my MIL n ME. We (MIL N ME ) argue a lot Still v get along very well really , i directly deal with her than my husband so it doesnt get complicated.

சாட்சிக்காரன் காலில் விழுவதிலும் சண்டைக்காரன் காலில் விழலாம்..