1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need a buddy!!Help me!! I am a very over weight mom.. Help with my diet and routine!!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by 27mom, Sep 21, 2012.

1. 27mom

27mom Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Plz help me!! I am a very much over weight,lazy,junk food lover mom of a one year old baby.My hubby,my DD and me, this is my family.I was always fat and never bothered about how i look or what i eat.. But now i am worried about my health and get a little jealous of friends wearing lovely clothes everyday!!I shall tell u about my daily routines and food... Plz help me.. I have tried joining one of the weight managment plan by one leading brand,but didnt help a bit...My DH works from 2pm to 2am..Here is my routine..

8:00 am - wake up
    15 mins exercise (at home cycle for 5 mins,jog on spot for 5 mins,other light warm up exercises for another 5 mins)
    8:30 am- greentea with lemon
    9:00 am breakfast for DH,DD and me (oats/cornflakes/bread omlete/bread+jam+cheese/saboodhana kidchidi/dosa+sambhar)+coffee with milk
    10:00 am - 12:30 pm cooking lunch and diiner
    1:00 pm - luch (Rice (a must at home), 1 veg subjzi,1 non veg curry or fried,1 veg curry)..The same for dinner except no rice instead 2 rotis
    2:00 pm to 4:00 pm - play with DD at home
    4:00 pm to 6:00 pm - sleep with DD
    6:30 pm - coffee+cream bisuits/nuggets/bread and jam/noodles
    11:00 pm (after putting DD to sleep) have dinner
    12:00 am to 2:00 am - read books/watch TV / log on to the internet(I am scared to sleep alone,so wait till DH comes home and then sleep)

Weekend : sat (burger or pizza or pasta from outside), sun (briyani at home)

This is my routine.. I am 120 kgs, 169 cms,28 yrs old..My baby wont stay without me.. so i am not able to go out alone also.. for excersice or gym...
    I know i have to reduce atleast 40 kgs .. but let me start with 20 kgs before Feb 2013.. I would love to have a buddy for this challenge.. plz help to get started and how to plan my diet...
    Have my hopes on IL!!:drowning

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

2. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need a buddy!!Help me!! I am a very over weight mom.. Help with my diet and routi

Good.. some suggestions..

Avoid bread and cheese for breakfast the rest of the things you mentioned are fine.

Take light snacks in the evening marie biscuits are fine.. try to avoid cream biscuits, jam.. for sugar you can reduce it to half spoon for coffee/tea.

Have early dinner and around 11 if you feel hungry eat fruits.. no other food.

For exercise, increase all you said to 20 min each.. dont sleep in the afternoon with your kid, just lie down make her sleep and out of the bed..after 2 hrs of eating you can do some more exercises this time like light yoga and abs maybe.. by this definitely you will reduce gradually..

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Re: Need a buddy!!Help me!! I am a very over weight mom.. Help with my diet and routi

Dear 27mom,
    please join us here on this thread, there are so many ilites there who have lost weight some are in the process of losing weight and you will get lots of motivation and help too, so please come here.
    love
    alpa:cheers
    Weight Loss Buddies for 2012

4. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

Hi ,27mom
    i'll go with pooja here
    .first you cut your afternoon nap.
    .secondly increase your exercise .specially increase jogging time to 10 mins.then with 30 minutes of walking .if you can't go out ,follow Leslie walk at home exercise.go slowly by doing first 2 miles walk.if you do in morning ...matabolism increases which inturn helps in weight loss.
    Links for Leslie sansone walk,download it from youtube.

Walking - Part 1: Start Quick & Easy - YouTube
    Walking - Part 2: Burn Fat & Back It Down - YouTube
    both these video covers 2 miles.
    Exercise TV / Start walking at home 3 miles with Leslie Sansone - YouTube ,this is 3 miles walk..when you can increase ,you can increase 2 to 3 miles.
    evening do exercise just for 15 mins concentrating more on abcrunch ,arm exercise ,hip exercise to tone your body.
    .evening snacks ...why can't change your snacks to healthy sprouts or fruits .it's good to health for whole family:thumbsup
    videos for evening exercise..which i follow .you can follow if you know anything apart from this ..
    How to Do Abdominal Exercises : How to Do Ab Crunch Exercises - YouTube
    How to Do a Squat | Boot Camp Workout for Women - YouTube
    if you asanas ,like kabalpathi ,anilon vinilom and trikonasana ...follow .
    we'll go slowly ,then slowly will change our food diet too.sure you'll succeed.after a month ,start slowly using 2kg weights to do muscle work out or you can join classes for that ,just to avoid sagging ,due to weight loss.:hide:

3 people like this.
  5. 27mom

27mom Senior IL'ite

Thankyou Pooja for the suggestion.. SUGAR is my best friend and my worst enemy.. will try to avoid it..I eat marie biscuits sometimes.. Will defnitely try not to sleep in afternoons from today..

6. 27mom

27mom Senior IL'ite

Shobana.. I should try this video.. will let you know... thanku

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Make small realistic changes and stick to it. Weight loss will happen over a period of time. First change your habits and stick to a healthy eating and workout pattern.

You might be falling asleep in the afternoon because you are not sleeping in the night at correct time. Your hubby's job timings are different but you should not spoil your health. Love yourself first. Health should be top most priority with a kid around. You have a small baby to be taken care of and you should aim for your health first. Rice might be a must at your home but you cook something different for yourself. I switched from rice to cracked wheat initially when I found it hard to cook seperately for myself. This will show some change in your weight definitely. Also introduce oats for dinner. There are many recipes in chitvish column as well as youtube.

Also after lunch @ 1pm you are not eating anything in between till 6.30pm but having wrong foods at that time. Try to eat some light snack like murmura or handful of nuts with light tea. Your dinner time @ 11pm is also not good. Change that.

Change one habit at a time and stick to it for 2-3 weeks and then see the difference.

15mins of mild exercise is not enought for your body. You should sweat. The workout pattern should be warmup, pickup and resting with stretching at the end. Think of investing in an elliptical if possible.

Come back to forum everyday till you see the difference. You will find many buddies here. Do not waste your money on costly weight loss programs. Dedication is very important in this long journey which you will find from friends here.

3 people like this.
  8. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

yeah pman,
    that's a good response.ofcourse once i'm also very bad in sleeping pattern.my DH always says me to go to sleep,don't wait for me ...i won't listen.nowadays made a resolution ,i'm waiting for my DH only some extends.if it's too long.going to sleep at correct time .this change really made me more changes in my life. good health,timely wakeup,time for exercise ,cooking fast ....getting good quality time :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup.

1 person likes this.
  9. 27mom

27mom Senior IL'ite

Thanku Pman.. My eating habits are very bad.. I am trying to control it now.. But chicken and sugar is unavoidable..but still trying now....
    I do feel very sleepy in the afternoon.. but now i am sleeping for an hour and trying to do mild exersises for half an hour.. I have started waking up at 6 am.. Cook for baby and start walking and mild running for half an hour... come back and do push ups.. and back to routine...

But i feel i am more hungry after starting this routine..I am eating a lot of snacks in the evening now.. like chicken nuggets and popcrn.

Until i got married, i didnt eat rice much.. but was stll over weight.. but i will defnitely try and eat roti in the afternoon now...

I am really very worriend about my weight.. so is my hubby....

Do help me...

10. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

27mom, stop buying these fried stuff. I have stopped buying sugary stuff, fried chips etc. I still have candies at home, but I asked my husband to keep them in a place where I can't reach. When my kids need it, they climb up and get it. Out of sight, it will be out of mind. I always feel like eating something sweet after lunch, so I eat grapes now. Try joining one of the threads here and read them every day.nyou will get motivated. Good luck!