Navratri 2012 - Contest for Oct 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riaviswa

riaviswa Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

First of all thanks to all those who have liked my golu.All the golus are a feast to the eye.All themes are so beautiful.It is so good of indusladies that by sitting at home we are able to visit so many golus.All the best wishes to all participants.

regards,
    riaviswa

2. subhasanam

subhasanam Bronze IL'ite

superb theme and decorations...we enjoyed a lot

3. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Beautiful Golus, Superb themes, Superb Decorations. Competition is going to be tough. All the Best to all.

4. PADMATW

PADMATW Silver IL'ite

Its really fantastic to see the decorations done by all of you who posted the photos. You all took lot of interest and pain. Hats off to all of you. After seeing all yours let me do mine better atleast next time.

Padma

5. jayasimha

jayasimha Bronze IL'ite

Vellore Golden  Temple.jpg Hi all , Nice to know that once again this year the golu contest is being conducted. Waiting to see the golu snaps. I am uploading the snaps of golu 2012 at my place. The theme for this year that i had choosen was Sripuram Vellore golden temple. Had been Attracted by the grandeur of the temple architecture. It was my dream to have a miniature of the same temple . It took me full 3 weeks for the temple to be sculpted in Thermocol. Azctually the temple is situated in the centre of a Sri Chakra. But due to space constraints at my house, had to accomodate only the sanctum sanctorum of the temple. The next theme that i choose was Durga puja in a Durga temple. Priests are busy doing homa in front of the idol of Goddess durga. Posting the Snaps of Both Durga Puja and Vellore Golden Temple. Please see them and give your feedback. I have posted few more snaps of the vellore golden temple. Its a view form above. Please do have a look and post your valuable comments. Thanks . Durga Pooja.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    13 people like this.
  6. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

Am very glad to post my kolu snaps here, being six month pregnant now I thought it won't be possible for me to make it colorful this year,but I have done it and finally it came out very well.my dad and husband helped me in assembling the 4year old plywood steps,my husband also helped in doing the lighting's,rest everything I did it taking one complete day leave to the office.
    This year I have done 7steps,the theme I choose'd is lankavan-ramayan story(from ashokavatika to pushpaka),for creativity I have made a pump station,vendors shops,zoo,funzone,different puja arrangement,kailasam,marriage ceremony etc.
    Hope I have given you a visual treat to your eyes,eagerly looking forward your valuable comments and lovely feedback.

Best regards,
    Deepa.

Attached Files:

10 people like this.
  7. jayasimha

jayasimha Bronze IL'ite

Vellore golden temple.jpg Hi I am uploading the snaps of the vellore golden temple, which i did for this year's theme the vellore golden temple. The Actual temple in ib the centre of a shri Chakram. BUt due to space constraints, I had to limit it to only the sanctum sanctorum. Hope All of you like it and vote for this. Waiting for your feed Back. Thanx.

14 people like this.
  8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Best wishes to all the participants.....Thanks all for giving us the virtual dharshan....

9. jayasimha

jayasimha Bronze IL'ite

golu 2012.jpg Here is one more view of the my whole golu. It has Chettiar and chetticchi selling their wares from jewellery to silver articles, sarees, and vegetables and fruits and provisions.

5 people like this.
  10. Sripura

Sripura Silver IL'ite

Dear ILites,

Thanks a lot for your lovely wishes,likes and appreciation...truly motivating :)
    I wishes all the participants the best of luck!!

Love,
    Sripura

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.