Navratri 2012 - Contest for Oct 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Brindha,

Superb... Ambal , Paramacharya and Shri Chakra - divine..Best wishes...

2. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hema, Riaviswa, Srivigneshram and all other participants,

Best wishes. Everybody is rocking.

3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILs,

Just sitting at home, had the satisfaction of visiting so many ILs home for Navarathri, had virtual dharshan of ambal, learnt so many ideas, different concepts etc. etc. thanks to Indusladies. More than being a competition, this thread is divine.

All the Best to all Participants

I am posting our Golu's pics here. I am keeping Golu after 2 years break. My 9 year old daughter inspired me so much and she did great deal of help in arranging it. Of course my son and DH helped to unload dolls from loft and fit the steps.

Pic 1 : Main Golu adorned by Pillayar, Mahavishnu, Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswathi, Dasavatharam, Rajeswari, Krishna in various stages, Natarajar, Kamadhenu, Marriage set, Chettiayar, maakal and wooden choppu, fruits, marapachi, three monkeys etc. Pallankuzhi also kept in the last step to depict ancient Indian board games (ref: pic 3)

View attachment 170475 2012-10-19 06.53.25.jpg

Pic 2 : She drew the old ancient Indian game boards in the chart paper, browsed and collected information about those. Helped her to brief and took the print-out. Stuck those on the pillar next to Golu.

2012-10-18 18.39.35.jpg

Pic 3 (a) : Kaarthigai Pengal looking after Murugan at the presence of Lord Shiva and Parvathi. Set it like Kailaaya malai.
    Pic 3 (b) : Both pic 2 (b) and Pic 3 are My Daughter's theme / concept.Park and residential locality, depicting agricultural lands becoming big theme parks and residential places with scattered houses here and there in the beginning.

2012-10-18 18.38.48.jpg

Pic 4 : Again its DD made the kolam / rangoli with left over chamkis and stones with me, on the Styrofoam which comes in shirt packing in front of Golu.

2012-10-19 06.57.21.jpg

Regards
    Manjukps

20 people like this.
  4. priyagem

priyagem Bronze IL'ite

All the Best to all partcicpants[​IMG]

5. PADMATW

PADMATW Silver IL'ite

6 people like this.
  6. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

a traditional golu at home no theme

7. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

Hi all, I am attaching my GOlu photos- Theme is divinity in diversity. We Worship God in different forms- I have arranged my Golu according to the various forms of worship-Vishnu Avatars (Dasavatharam), Goddess worship- Andal, Lakshmi Devi, Saraswathi, Durga Devi, Annapoorani, Sita devi ..Ganesha worship and so forth..
    I have made a miniature model of the ISKCON temple at chennai which is also a Divine form of worship..I have HANDPAINTED the main dietes _Krishna and Radha
    with 'Krishna Exhibition' depicting the various stages of Krishna's life(birth, Vasudev carrying Krishna, Yashodha Krisha, Kalinga Nardhana Krishna, RadheKrishna etc)
    Various groups like Vilakku pooja, Nadhaswaram set, Mount Kailash story, Kalyana Utsavam are aldo depicted.

A VILAKKU amman stands right in front of the Golu in a yellow saree, Head gear, Pinnal and Elephants..
    ARTWORK in 3D has been made by ME with a scenic picture..
    The Golu is adorned by MaaKolam, Rangoli, Durga face Kolam, and Jamki Kolam.

8. subarahul

subarahul New IL'ite

hiiii
    This is my mother in law Rangam Balajis Golu.
    This year she has kept concepts like Save the Trees ,Religion ,All kinds of Worship,Metamorphosis of a women starting From Child Birth till her 60/80th Wedding Anniversary! and Also she has done her kuthu velaku alangaram displaying tirupati perumal and thaayar!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

wow! All the participants have tried to out beat each other and has made the golu unique in their own way. Wishing them all the best!
    PS

10. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

viji ma`am as always your ambal alangaram is good. Happy I could get a darshan of the divinity.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.