Navratri 2012 - Contest for Oct 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

On behalf of OPALSTAR1968
    A collage depicting the "Arabic Theme"
    [​IMG]

2. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

1-v2.jpg 2A.jpg 2B.jpg Golu12-5.jpg 2.jpg Sorry..theres been some problems attaching the photos..
    Here they are
    Orginal text:
    Hi all, I am attaching my GOlu photos- Theme is divinity in diversity. We Worship God in different forms- I have arranged my Golu according to the various forms of worship-Vishnu Avatars (Dasavatharam), Goddess worship- Andal, Lakshmi Devi, Saraswathi, Durga Devi, Annapoorani, Sita devi ..Ganesha worship and so forth..
    I have made a miniature model of the ISKCON temple at chennai which is also a Divine form of worship..I have HANDPAINTED the main dietes _Krishna and Radha
    with 'Krishna Exhibition' depicting the various stages of Krishna's life(birth, Vasudev carrying Krishna, Yashodha Krisha, Kalinga Nardhana Krishna, RadheKrishna etc)
    Various groups like Vilakku pooja, Nadhaswaram set, Mount Kailash story, Kalyana Utsavam are aldo depicted.

A VILAKKU amman stands right in front of the Golu in a yellow saree, Head gear, Pinnal and Elephants..
    ARTWORK in 3D has been made by ME with a scenic picture..
    The Golu is adorned by MaaKolam, Rangoli, Durga face Kolam, and Jamki Kolam.
    2A.jpg

4 people like this.
  3. madhura100

madhura100 New IL'ite

[video=youtube;dXQAgq_hokA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQAgq_hokA[/video]

4. jayasimha

jayasimha Bronze IL'ite

Wow each golu is unique in its own way. Cannot say this is good this is bad. All the golu themes are so different from each other. Nice of IL to hold the contest. Can get to see the golu pics sitting at home itself. Wishing all the best to all the contestants. Its really going to be tough for the judges to decide.

5. poori17

poori17 New IL'ite

hi all.. this is my traditional kolu.. this year i didn't have a thematic one as space was a constraint due to my 2 year old son.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  6. Archanasrk

Archanasrk Silver IL'ite

7. nithyabhaskar

nithyabhaskar Gold IL'ite

dear ladies...superb golus...wondeful feast to eyes....all of you are so talented and creative...you have given the clear picture of many ethics and stories with beautiful settings...great...

8. Rajisathy

Rajisathy New IL'ite

very nice vani.

1 person likes this.
  9. svidya

svidya New IL'ite

Hai

I don't have words to express my happiness on seeing all the golus. here in kuwait hardly i could see any golus. these golus remind me of my time at my home when i was younger. I was born & brought up in agraharam in TVM where on all the houses Golus are arranged. and we as small kids visit atleast 5 to 6 houses every day of navrathri singing songs and tasting different different varieties of Sundal nivedyams. Certainly Indus ladies bring all of us closer to our traditions, values . Very happy that we people are keeping the traditions , our customs moving forward. Its really appreciative. Once again thanks to all .
    May Goddess Durga Maa Shower all her blessings to each one of you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello All,

Thanks for the wide and active participation. Our panel of Judges are deciding on the winning entry which will be announced on Nov.8th - First Death Anniversary of our Late Esteemed Member - Mithila Kannan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.