navarathri dolls thread

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Akhileshsanee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Akhileshsanee

Akhileshsanee New IL'ite

Hi friends

Sorry being not very active in Indusladies .I am in a very big dilemma of were to buy navarathri dolls im visiting india in March and my few friends were trying to get me some dolls from chennai bangalore and trichy but not very succesful .The two sets (dashavatharam and ashtalakshmi set) which were found in trichy were coming to 1500 per set .Does anyone know a good place were i can buy dolls even when it is not season.

secondly i found this site www.navarathri.org were u can buy online from US .Any one in US who can put some light on this ?is it worth buying onine and then asking them to ship to Australia My friend had a very bad experience with another compnay in shipping some stuff from india and im very disturbed with that.

Friends in US can i rely on this and make the payment....or is there a place were any of my friends can go to this shop in US and get from there ..

Any advise appreciated will wait for the expert replies

Thanxs
    sangeetha

2. pbindu

pbindu Silver IL'ite

You can buy dolls at various tourist places in Mysore. shops on Chamundi Hill, shops near mysore palace, jaganmohana palace sell the navarathri dolls.

Also there is a shop opposite to Mysore Zoo, called Bombemane. their website is there on net, its a blog, you can buy from them.

The best time is to buy dolls from Bombemane or road side sellers during Dasara Navaratri in Mysore.

3. GayathriSri

GayathriSri New IL'ite

I have bought Durga,lakshmi and saraswathi (14" each) for 20$ a piece from Navratri.com...The shipping was very fast...and the customer care was very good...They sent me emails when they received my order and when they actually shipped it..They had bundled the items with bubble wrap and newspaper sheets...and thepieces were very good too...If somebody let me know how to post pictures, I will post the pictures of the dolls that I bought..I can vouch for them..