1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Navarathri Diary 2018!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is a great similarly between Saint Thirumoolar and our own Meena. The saint wrote one manthra every year. Meena writes one blog every year. But they remain in our memory all our life time. Meena is an yearly bloom (boon) for IL

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Viswamitra and Lalithambigai like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meenasankaran

An awesome post and you made my day. Coming from Srilanka, I never realised this Kolu visiting custom is so big out there. All the men out there should learn the time management and project management skills from you ladies for sure rather than wasting Money on in house training courses.
    One thing comes to my mind, as I observe, whether we get Devi’s blessings or goody bags, most important thing is to post your picture in the Facebook has become a mandatory. Is it same in your part of the world? When my friends post, first day I said gorgeous, second day I said elegant and then I lost for words for the rest of the 5 days. I would really appreciate help on this.
    I really really enjoyed your writings. Thank you very much.
    Vani

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gowri,

I lost you at 'combinatorial optimization' but my gut feeling says that you were complimenting my friends so thank you on their behalf. :D You are too kind and generous in your feedback. I am glad to play a small part in brightening up someone's day even if only for a second. As mundane is all around us, might as well poke at it and have some fun every now and then. :laughing: Thanks Gowri.

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. meenasankaran

Dear @HazelPup - You are right. We have colorful costumes and always get yummy goodies when we visit golus so Navarathri is the desi version of Halloween, I guess. Thanks for stopping by. :)

HazelPup likes this.
  5. meenasankaran

6. Sweetee

Sweetee Senior IL'ite

Welcome :)

meenasankaran likes this.
  7. meenasankaran

Dear Sri uncle,

What better example of generosity of spirit than your fb to this post!:smiley: Instead of blasting me for turning up annually like this (which I would completely deserve:biggrin:), you go and call it a boon. Love you loads for it.

Life took me on a series of adventures (all good ones) these past 2 years and I haven't written much because of that. Hoping to change that and come see you all more in the future. :) So happy you liked this post Sri uncle.

Cheeniya likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

Dear Vani @girvani ,

Posting Navarathri photos on FB is very much a part of my world too. Like you, I never know what to say after the first couple of photos. Beautiful blue saree, gorgeous red saree.....I run out of adjectives right about here. The rest of the days, my response is one goofy smile and a thumbs up. I have found that people are generally very nice. My goofy grin seems like a perfectly acceptable response to them. :D Thanks for stopping by Vani.

girvani likes this.
  9. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

This is our first Navrathri ( me and my wife) in US. I was planning to put down my experiences Ms. Meena sankaran. . After seeing your diary, I gave up the idea.What i meant to write, you have done in an extremely humorous write up. I read it several times and we still keep laughing. Good write up.

10. meenasankaran

@gopalan1937 - Dear Gopalan sir,

Everyone's Dasara experience is unique and special and we would love to hear about yours so please do write about them. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed this post. Thanks for visiting this thread sir.