1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural/herbal methods to delay or prepone periods?

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by mkthpavi, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Bharatiprabhat

Bharatiprabhat New IL'ite

Re: natural/herbal methods to delay periods or make them come earlier than normal??

Thank u lalitha

2. SuchitaT

SuchitaT Senior IL'ite

To get periods earlier My Grandma used to say - applying Mehandi (Heena) on your hands and washing your hair also helps.

In Marwari culture, the previous day of any festival is called "Shinjara" and women (previously used to) wash their hair on that day and at night apply Mehandi for this reason. so if your body is going to menstruate soon, It will try to release the heat ( or something like that, sorry dont know exact scientific reason here) and you will get your periods. So the woman should get rest in those hectic time of festivals.

I think mixing - hing (Asafoetida) and gud (jaggery) and making a very small laddu or tablet kind of thing and then swallowing or chewing it would also work.

To delay periods, swallowing lemon seeds works. But not sure how safe it is for your health. :/

3. mirashyam

mirashyam New IL'ite

Pl take wave water daily early in morning in emty stomach. U can make that everyday morning fresh. Take half tumbler of milk & add some lemon juice while boiling( de way u make panner). Boil for five minutes and strain it. U can drink that. If u take today 1 day will postpone. Like wise u can consume daily till u attend ur function or what. I tried this to my daughter many times. It gave results. Pl don't through de panner. U can use it .
    Meera

4. HildaSpencer

HildaSpencer New IL'ite

M
    No never tried such methods.