Narayaneeyam

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by sarojaravi, Jan 14, 2008.

1. anshasam

anshasam New IL'ite

dear Hari,
    i have read all your mails and can you guide me with some narayaneeyam group in bangalore.. I live in narayanapura (bangalore north) .
    thanks in advance.
    regards
    sharadhaa

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Harih Brother,

Sairam, Thanks for sharing this wonderful verse which cures ailments when recited 108 times with dedication and devotion,

Keep coming frequently to share your thoughts ... there are few waiting for reply from you, please drop in...

By Lord Krishna's grace hope things are great at your end..

:thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  3. Saisakthi

Glad Sister Swt.Charu that you have started Narayaneeyam and feeling Blessed, Hope you have been blessed to continue and enjoy still further, do share it with us too when you find time.

:thankyou2: Sairam

4. Saisakthi

Dear Anshasam (Sharadhaa) sister,

:welcome to IL family,

Brother Harih hasn't logged in for quite sometime, hope Lord Krishna instincts him to come over to reply and help you soon.

Probably someone else could also reply, let us wait patiently for few days and will surely be rewarded.

May BABA bless your home in abundance and guide you too, Sairam, Thanks

5. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Dear sister Sharadhaa

I don't know of the precise details of any Narayaneeyam group in Bangalore, eventhough I am sure such groups do exist. I think, Smt Padma Srinivas who has posted in this thread earlier, belongs to Bangalore. I suggest you try contacting her, if she is still active in this forum. Alternatively you can also try asking in the Guruvayur yahoo groups I have referred to, earlier in this thread. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the recital, let me know and I will help you (to the best of my knowledge).

6. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Saishakti

Sairam. I had been meaning to visit this site for some time, but kept postponing it due to one reason or the other. Thank you so much for the warm words and wishes. As you said, I too see it as Bhagavan Krishna himself instructing me to visit this forum!

I saw the "Vishnu Sahasranamam(VSN)" in your signature. I like this anecdote from Sai Satcharitra on the Vishnu Sahasranamam. Sri Sai Baba of Shirdi himself has experienced the tremendous power of this stotram.

Shama was a very intimate devotee of Sai Baba. Once, a Ramadasi (a great devotee of Lord Rama) came to Shirdi and stayed there for some time. He got up early in the morning, washed his face, read the Vishnu Sahasranamam and the Adhyatma Ramayana every day.

One day, while the Ramadasi was reading the Vishnu Sahasranamam, Baba sent him out on an errand. After the Ramdasi left, Baba took the Vishnu Sahasranamam book of the Ramdasi and gave it to Shama, saying, “Oh Shama ! this book is very valuable and efficacious; so I present it to you, you read it. Once, I suffered intensely and my heart began to palpitate and my life was in danger. At that critical time, I hugged this book to my heart and then, O Shama ! What a relief it gave me ! I thought that Allah Himself came down and saved me. So, I give this book to you; read it slowly, little by little, read daily one name at least and it will do you good.”

On his return, the Ramdasi learnt about this and created a scene. Then, Baba called Ramdasi and said to him, “O Ramdasi, why are you in an angry and quarrelsome mood ? Shama had nothing to do in the matter. I gave the book to him. Is he not my child ? Why are you so turbulent ? Why are you quarreling with him unnecessarily ? Can’t you speak soft and sweet words ? Even though you read sacred books daily, your mind still is impure and your passions uncontrolled. What sort of a Ramdasi you are! A real Rambhakta should practice equality and detachment and not attachment. With money you can purchase any number of books, but not persons. You ought to think well and act intelligently, and be indifferent to all things. Is it not strange that you should covet this book so strongly ? You know this book ‘by heart’. Let Shama also read this and be benefitted. If you desire, you can have some other book from Shama in exchange for your book.”

Hearing this loving advice from Baba, the Ramdasi cooled down and accepted the Pancharatna Gita from Shama, in exchange for his own copy of the Vishnu Sahasranamam.

1 person likes this.
  7. Saisakthi

Dear Harih Brother,

:welcome back to IL family,

Thanks to Lord Krishna for bringing you to reply awaited queries,

Keep coming and enjoy being here. Sairam

1 person likes this.
  8. Saisakthi

:wow: our both posts for each other have just been on time, Great are Baba's leelas, I haven't even read the post. will reply after reading.

Thanks Dear Harih Brother, Sairam

9. Saisakthi

True brother HariH, I too strongly believe that No leaf moves without Lord's wish and will,

Actually since the next poornima is just approaching and this morning when I wanted to add a link for Our Senior sister's (IyerViji) birthday celebrations, I wanted to remove that link, but something gave an instinct and I didn't remove to understand that you were to read it after few hours and give its significance, Baba your leelas are great

Both of us have exactly mentioned about Bhagawan Krishna right at the same time, Thank you Baba... Sairam

10. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Can anyone help me by giving some clues where in Chennai only on holidays they teach Narayaneeyam. I like to learn, but since working I am not able to. I suffer from nerves problems and some told that chanting Narayaneeyam is good for this ailment.