1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Name Change Due To Astrological Reasons.. Feeling Low

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nolife, Jul 20, 2016.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hi IL,
    I do not know where to put my feelings. Small background , I am 31 year old divorcee trying to get remarried. As of now no match has finalized yet and things did not work out with the guys I met.
    My parents have done so many astrology remedies and I have done so many poojas too.
    One of my cousin was in ICU years back and doctors told his parents that there is no hope left for him to live. So they approached this astrologer and he advised some poojas and he got out of danger. Now that uncle gave his number to my parents. My dad spoke to him and he told that I have harassed my husband in past life so I am suffering this way. He advised some poojas, temple visits and change of my name. Now my parents are hell bent on changing my name and they would call me with new name at my house itseems.
    I am some how not liking this concept of name change. I have come to visit Pune for short trip due to work and peace of mind . They are leaving no stone unturned by taking peace of mind away.
    Has anyone changed their name this way? My name would be same in official records though. My parents are telling me that they are not bothered with the name I am called rather they are more interested in my future.

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Dear...I'm feeling so bad for you..but yes..i agree that our names do affect our lives and sometimes lot can be changed with astrological intervention. But request your parents to ask the astrologer whether adding or deleting certain letter or letters would achieve the desired goal.
    This way there won't be any identity crisis and the purpose would be served.
    Other thing is that at home you please kindly adjust a little bit with them while outside you may continue with your original name.....
    Please remember that your parents are after all your greatest well wishers...
    I'm not a superstitious person but i do have firm faith in astrology and numerology...
    Thanks

3. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

They are your parents and they are concerned about you. Why does it bother you if they call you by a different name? As someone said here, other people will call you by the original name. Do you have to break your head over this. The problem arises when you have to do it on the records as well, that would be quite a headache. If it gives them peace of mind, let it be. After all they are doing it for your good. Even I don't believe that changing name will change something, but if parents themselves want to change it and they believe in it, it should be okay. Be positive.

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Your parents maybe stressed becoz of you not getting married. Its only name change per say. I think you can give it a thought. It wont change the person you are. Pros are more compared to cons.Name doesn't make a person , your personality makes you the person you are.Think about it. Good Luck.