Nagging Effectively?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Jan 26, 2020.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I have started nagging a lot these days. It irritates me to be like this, but looking at how careless my H and kids are, I feel helpless.
    I am seriously following this thread to get some good ideas to improve this situation.

Earlier I used to remind, repeat and that sounds like nagging when they wait till dead-line to get it done. Then I stopped it, and let them all face the consequences. But again, for none of my mistake, as a family, I too have to pay off whatever the consequences it may be.
    So, this time, I've started taking up all these responsibilities on my shoulder. It is never an easy task! I struggled, lost my patience and often ended up shouting at their irresponsible behavior.

As they say, my cup overflowed when it was hit by them. Sadly my cup had only bitterness, anger, sadness and irritation so it spoiled the entire household.

With this bad lesson learned, now I have moved on to hire services.
    A part time home-teacher to get done their home-works, and next day's preparation. A driver to take them to school and classes without having to remind or depend on H each time.
    On-line bill payment, that can be done directly through the bank - an automatic service
    Domestic helpers, hired outside services for every task that I or my family members couldn't do. Eg: To iron the cloths, to clean the home, to water the garden, to service the car etc..etc...

Of course, it is a lot of money. But the money spent on such services worth it. It brought back the happiness and peace at home.

Not sure whether I am failing as a parent, since my kids are not allowed to try and learn household chores. But they are still very young... Perhaps, I could try teaching them when I finally get to stay at home for good!. Not now. Because, i don't wanna be too hard on myself!!!

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Stories in his songs make you pause other work and actually listen. R.I.P., Kenny Rogers.

Amulet likes this.