NAGALAND - a land of UNTOUCHED beauty !!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sudha Kailas, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vdeepab4u, am so honored to receive your valuable and detailed feedback........thanks so much dear !!

2. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

I just finished reading a wonderful writeup about nagaland.. I truly loved it.. they way you had described each place. kept the descriptions simple, eyecatchy fonts and ofcourse, wonderful snaps.... :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

3. Sudha Kailas

Dear VJ, your brilliant feedback impressed me....thanks dear.
    The Nagas speak Nagamese. Some of them speak English and Hindi too !!

1 person likes this.
  4. Sudha Kailas

Dear Gayathri, am sure that your DH and yourself will definitely love a visit to Nagaland !!
    Thanks so much for your loving feedback ma.

5. Sudha Kailas

Dear Sandhya, thanks so much for your sweet complimentary note.

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A Beautiful write-up dear Sudha ma'am.....with lovely pictures......You took me to Nagaland.....

Exotic place........beautiful climate........friendly and cheerful people......Nagaland is a wonderful place ma'am....

I was lucky to live in the north -east.......Nagaland....Meghalaya.....Tripura.....and Assam......

and Nagaland.....I loved the most ma'am.....still in touch with my Naga friends.....

Your fantastic post brought back many sweet memories.....

Yes, the shops close early.....this leads to more socializing.....

visiting friends and hosting tea and dinner at home.......The cool climate....warm and cozy wooden houses.....woolen clothing....hot tea.......long chats with good friends........

life was relaxing and happy there ma'am....nice that you stayed there for a few days.......

Thanks again for this lovely post......

1 person likes this.
  7. Sudha Kailas

Dear Bhargvi, am so impressed with your beautiful feedback.
    How lucky that you spent so much time in the North East and have you learnt to speak Nagamese ??
    Did you do your schooling there and moved out after marriage ??
    It would be interesting if you can also share your memories of that place ma........we all would love to travel with you there !! Think and do it dear !!

8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha ma'am....
    I was in the north east after marriage...for 8 years...DH was posted there.....transfers....
    Had a lovely time there ma'am.....would write about it soon.....
    Thank you ....

9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear Sudha:

That was a lovely account of your Nagaland trip alongwith the photographs. That particular road going through the town is so impressive - so clean! Almost as if they tidied it up for your photograph:)

And so many tribes... is the division between the tribes very much there? How many tribes did you get to visit? I remember reading somewhere about the Hornbill festival that happens in Nagaland. A lot of the wildlife in the north eastern states is untouched and to some extent undiscovered (particularly smaller species- like frog, butterflies). So visiting the National park will be a treat I'm sure.

Their weaving is surely unique whether it is basket weaving or fabric weaving. Loved the way the dustbin has been shaped from a single bamboo stump (if I am not wrong!). So much of creativity! I have a bamboo frog (from Nagaland) fashioned from few strips of bamboo. Tried attaching a photograph, will try again later.

Sindhu

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

What a marvellous opportunity you have had. I was absolutely taken in by the quaint, pristine beauty of the villages, roads and rivers. It is amazing to see that some remote parts of India which are untouched by the majority of us are so spic and span.

It was wonderful reading about the simple, slow pace of life there. Probably that is why the place is what it is. I can't even imagine how people of them would ever like coming out to the cities, leaving their paradise behind.

Amazing pictures. Thanks so much for taking all of us on a virtual trip to the NE. Awaiting pics of Manas Park. :-D

1 person likes this.