NAGALAND - a land of UNTOUCHED beauty !!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sudha Kailas, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

We reached WOKHA on 26<SUP>th</SUP> October, which is 80 km from MOKOKCHUNG !!
    WOKHA is where the LOTHA TRIBE live and every year on NOVEMBER 7<SUP>th</SUP>, they hold the harvest festival TOKHEMONG FESTIVAL !!
    You can see all the army jawans from various states of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> staying in Nagaland as border security forces. I take this opportunity to salute them not only for protecting our Mother India but also offering us accommodation during our trip…….THANKS SO MUCH MY BROTHERS !!
    View attachment 145194

We were fortunate to see some Model villages like TOUPHEMA, KHONOMA AND BENREU.
    View attachment 145195
    DON’T underestimate the tribal girls and boys in their dressing !! They wear ULTRAMODERN clothes and in the latest hairstyles !!

Some clicks that caught my attention !!

View attachment 145196
    View attachment 145198

View attachment 145197

4 people like this.
  2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Sudha,

Thank you for sharing the pictures and giving a beautiful description about Nagaland ....

3. Sudha Kailas

We reached the State Capital KOHIMAon 27<SUP>th</SUP> October. I must say here that the traffic is so congested but the traffic police control it so well and the drivers are also very responsible driving here. This is also a town which has roads going up and down.
    KOHIMA is famous for the WAR CEMETRY, the CATHOLIC CATHEDRAL, the STATE MUSEUM, the BARRA BASTI holding the ANGAMI TRIBE, the second largest village in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:place>.
    TRAGOPAN is the state bird and is an endangered species !!

This is where we stayed !!
    View attachment 145199
    The famous Cathedral !!
    View attachment 145200

Naga Heritage Village !!
    View attachment 145201

We spent 2 days in Kohima looking around the market, the town and the villages.

4 people like this.
  4. Sudha Kailas

On 29<SUP>th</SUP>, we reached DIMAPUR, the commercial capital of Nagaland. This was the ancient capital of KACHARI RULERS.

View attachment 145202
    30<SUP>th</SUP> was spent in exploring DIMAPUR local sights like the KACHARI RUINS, the State handicraft emporium and the local area.
    View attachment 145203

View attachment 145204

3 people like this.
  5. Sudha Kailas

On 31st, We visited DIEZEPHE CRAFT VILLAGE where one can see the local weavers making shawls, cushion covers, bags etc for export !! The weaving is so unique and very beautiful.
    View attachment 145205
    On 1<SUP>st</SUP> we looked around the HONGKONG MARKETwhich has so many shops that sell shoes, bags, clothes, perfumes and all items imported from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">CHINA </st1:country-region>and<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">BANGKOK</st1:City></st1:place>. The best part of this market and my favourite is the wholesale BEAD shop wherein I bought so many lovely stuff that one do not find anywhere commonly (will make my stuff and present them later once I settle down) !!
    This shop caught my eye.....didn't it attract your attention too !!
    View attachment 145206
    We visited INTANKI to see the wild life but were unfortunate to go in since we did not have a pass but saw the lovely <st1:placeName w:st="on">DHANSRI</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">RIVER</st1:placeType> separating <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">ASSAM</st1:country-region></st1:place> on one side and NAGALAND on the other side.
    View attachment 145207

5 people like this.
  6. Sudha Kailas

OUR JOURNEY OF NAGALAND ENDS HERE FROM WHERE WE PROCEEDED TO <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">MANAS</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">NATIONAL PARK</st1:placeType></st1:place>.

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A LOVELY TIME EXPLORING THE UNTOUCHED <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">VIRGIN</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">LAND</st1:placeType></st1:place> OF THE NAGAS WITH ME!!

1 person likes this.
  7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

wow! sudha, what a detailed description of the land, its people. Beautiful pictures. Enjoyed this virtual tour with you to the unexplored part of india. thanks for taking me along with you in your words and showing the nicest shots of the 'naga' land. :)

eagerly waiting to join you for the safari inside the national park.

8. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Sudha - had a virtual visit of Nagaland. thanks for sharing the pictires and your experience.

9. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

sudha akka.. nice description.... i just loved the way you narrated.. and interesting pictures... i will start nagging prak to take me to nagaland... thanks for sharing akka...

10. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudha mam,

Beautiful narration with apt photographs, highlighted with colours, all relevant information of the places.. hats off :hatsoff I'm impressed :bowdown Thanks for sharing..