1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Naan Kadavul – Is he God?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by pshirisha, Apr 1, 2009.

1. pshirisha

pshirisha New IL'ite

Naan Kadavul – Is he God?
    What is that I do on weekends?….As you all…Going to the beaches, to the shopping malls –having great falls, going to cinema – watching Life’s drama..and wat else…..The same thing repeats….

As usual I went for a movie this time , but it’s a Tamil movie “Naan Kadavul” (means: I am God ). I went along with my friend Gowri , he was suppose to be the translator. But the reverse happened.. I had to translate the Hindi dialogues to him..hahaha
    (There are few dialogues in Hindi in the film, the part shooted in Kasi)

Its about a “Aghora” saying he is God….This tought brings something to my mind…That is wat I wanna share with you all..

The other day I met my friend Hima, she told me about a Shelter home for the HIV positive children.

She asked whether I would be interested in visiting the shelter home. With no regrets I replied “ Yes , why not”.

But my immediate question was “How did you come to know about it?”

Coz she came here to Chennai a month ago. Then she narrated why she was interested in visiting such a place.

One evening , on her way from the office , she got a lift from a Man driving in a car.

She was a bit afraid , coz the man stopped the car as soon as she asked for lift. But being accompanied by her friend, she managed to get in. Then she started her conversation with the Stranger, as she is known for that …I mean making new friends..
    He is Solomon, the caretaker of the children at the shelter. He said the Home was run on his own interest, and the funds he collects from voluntary organizations.

Hima made up her mind to visit the Shelter home atleast once before she left Chennai. She had no other company better than me in Chennai for the visit.

The place is too far from here. But she gave a word, so had to keep it up. We being non – locals here, with great difficulty reached the Shelter home at place nearer to TVK Nagar.
    Now begins the actual experience of my life…
    As soon as we entered, came a little girl with a rose in her hand wishing me “ Good Morning Anna ”.

It was really heart touching. Went we entered in , saw about 16 HIV positive children surrounded around us , eager to talk to us. There were children of age less than a yr to 15 yrs…including both boys and girls..
    We couldn’t fluently communicate with them as they were talking in Tamil.
    But [FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Language was not a barrier for us to show our love.[/FONT]

There was a puppet show organized by some voluntary members. The children were laughing to glory…not sure of their lives.
    Seeing the innocent smile in their faces , one should really feel the Gods presence in those children.

After the show , the children danced for us.. I too joined with them…And Hima sang in tamil for them.

Then we spoke to Solomon, he told about his charity works…

The only thing I can remember from his words is : “[SIZE=+0]The mission of SHELTER is to give LOVE, LAUGHTER AND LIFE to these most neglected and stigmatized HIV + children.”[/SIZE]

He told us the average life span of a HIV infected person is 15-16yrs. He just wants to keep them happy the little life they have.
    Isn’t it something great about Mr.Solomon.
    Don’t you think he is Kadavul ( God ) for those abandon children.

That one day experience has really brought a change in my life….

I actually couldn’t express my feelings in words here….

I would like to put down two quotes here:
    I know AIDS is out there; I have seen and lived with it. If I could speak to the world, I would thank those people that have helped children like me. Because of them I have three meals, a safe, warm place to sleep, an education, and most of all I have people around me that love and care for me. I am very thankful for that.
    –Frida, an orphan living at the UNICEF-supported Anglican Children’s Project in Lusaka, Zambia.

"We want the world to focus on children whose lives have been devastated by AIDS. The millions of children who are missing their parents; their childhood, their future but most importantly, they are missing YOU. Everyone can make a real difference. Your voice is needed in a global movement that can change their world."
    Pierce Brosnan (UNICEF video PSA)

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Shirisha

Excellent man. He is a real god. Those who are helping needy people is god. Then he must be a god.

I am in Chennai for the past 20 years and I have not heard of this beautiful Shelter.

Thanks for introducing that there are still humanism. Thanks for introducing such a noble person.

thanks pshirisha

andal

3. pshirisha

pshirisha New IL'ite

if possible Try to meet those children.. and tell me how to you feel..