1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Adventures of po-j in po-land: Scene Lord Murugan

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Last evening was Murugan all over. It was Indira who was our guide this time. We sat on the steps leading down to the pond next to the Mylapore Temple and enjoyed the fun with the Chennai crowd.

DSC01319.JPG

Amongst other things, this kept us engrossed.

[video=youtube;1FNBz8aZzcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FNBz8aZzcI[/video]

DSC01330.JPG

There were moments though when my mind traveled back seven years to a day we witnessed yet another South Indian cultural event in Delhi. Here it is if anyone is interested.

edited_wedding 198.jpg

7 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Oj da thanks for the wonderful pictures. The last one is your son's wedding time na. You had sent me once . Cute couple. You are really enjoying each and every moment in Chennai , which shows how much my Anna is taking care of you and
    Bhabhi, oh forgot my Indira Bhabhi also taking care of you both . You both are very lucky

1 person likes this.
  3. ojaantrik

Dear Vijayalakshmi,

I had completely forgotten that I had already posted this photograph earlier. And you are right. This visit would never have been possible if Cheeniya and Indira hadn't been so kind to us. I always wanted a sister. But I don't have one. As I interact with Indira, I think I have found one at last. And mind you, I am not naturally inclined to be emotional at all.

Love.

oj-da

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

Glad to know u are having a great timke there along with yr wife, and cheeniya and family. Make the most of yr stay there, and how many days left ?

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  5. ojaantrik

Thanks Kamal. We are due to leave on the 27th.

oj

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Po-j-da!! These photos are fascinating. How beautiful and lyrical it must be to sit on the banks of the temple pond and see the Lord float over the waters in his decorative boat. I note that it is being pulled by the devotees. The whole experience must have been mind blowing. Thanks for sharing.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sri Ojaantrik:

You brought pleasant memories of my young days spending time watching the Lord float in Theppakulam at Mylapore. One quick question. Is that Princess of Calcultta in the wedding photograph? If not, the groom very much resembles Saurav Ganguly.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

wow that must have been a lovely experience, Oj-da. thanks for sharing. And have you learnt enough Tamil to have a fluent conversation with your DIL. More than anyone else, I am sure she will love to hear you talk about her place :)

1 person likes this.
  9. ojaantrik

Without a doubt Kamla, this was one of the best experiences we had here. There was so much devotion and at the same time entertainment in the atmosphere. I sat there simply mesmerized. All this fun and frolic I owe completely to Cheeniya and Indira. What a fascinating pair they make.

By the way, Shankari and Indira have now taken a liking for one another. I have little doubt that Sankari will be calling Indira off and on from Kolkata. On the other hand, Cheeniya complains that for every ten phone call Indira receives, he receives only one. With Shankari stepping in, poor Cheeniya will have to deal with eleven calls for Indira now. But I can try to make up for it by calling him up every time Shankari calls Indira. Need to find a strategy to beat the ladies at the game.

Love.

po-j-da

10. ojaantrik

Dear Viswa,

This was the idea I guess. To make us all feel part of a family. We are Indians and have common pasts in many ways. Events we can share with each other from our memories.

The princess in picture hails from Delhi and it is in Delhi that the photograph was taken. Her name is Subha and she is a Tamil Brahmin girl who tied the wedding knot with my son. It's their wedding photo which was held in the Tamil tradition. Both teach Economics in the US.

ojaantrik