1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mylapore Mamies and MNC Negotiations (Chithra, Please Forgive Me)

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jun 13, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,

Nice to see you here after a long time. No after a lo......ng time. Have been reading your blogs and quite happy about the appreciation you get here from the ILites.

You are quite right, Sudha. It is the mindset of our people that they do not see anything good close to them. An MBA, IIM, IIT all these things have a kind of sex-appeal for our students. Whereas a real-life home maker managing her household with a shoestring budget, managing relationships as diverse and at times as destructive as that of mil, fil, bil, sil apart from sustaining a marriage which does not have much charm, and in the midst of all these, giving the best to her children.

For a multi-tasking person like this haggling is just one of the several portable skills in her survival kit.
    thanks once again, Sudha.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

My Dear GFs,
    Just returned from Ganesh Mandir. With a prayerful mind I will be posting the First Episode of A LOVE STORY.
    Eagerly, anxiously, nervously waiting for your responses.

With loads of love,
    your
    Varalotti

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi shiridhar sir,

nice thread. after going thru the post on this thread am happy to realise that am a future MM. :) still lack most of the qualities but lstill have time to learn.

4. varalotti

Thanks, Shree. Don't worry. You'll pick up those qualities as you go along. Happy to have another MM in our midst.

love,
    sridhar

5. lilchamp

lilchamp Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitra mam-first of all let me tell you i have never enjoyed reading anything as much as i enjoyed reading about your mylapore description. Ive lived there a few years when i got married. Loved the place but i wish i knew someone like you to tell me about all those lil nooks n crannies and the wonderful shops there. I want to ask u where i can find marrapacchi dolls in chennai/mylapore and also the palankuzhi wooden bar. Thx and do keep writing about chennai-we plan to return to india in a few months and ahve bought a place in the DLF property on ethiraj salai-u'r writing makes me keen to get back and start enjoying all what i missed out on earlier :)

6. lilchamp

lilchamp Senior IL'ite

Hi Varlotti-just stumbled onto your pages! man!!! what a great writer and human being you are! I enjoyed every single word you wrote and am so happy i chanced upon this page in IL. Am a recent entrant and am still wonderstruck at what i might chance upon each day! Like a kid in a huge candy store! I still ahve to read your stories and other blogs-thank you for taking time off to spread so much happiness.Thank you once again :)