1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MyBlog -56(Relocation! God! Help me if you can!!!)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Moving to a new home is a strenuous task. We are planning to relocate to a new place since our lease is over at the current residence. Oh in my childhood , I have seen my mom/dad handling relocation task in such an organized n easy manner. But for me , its a nightmare. Esp in US where mover&packers charges are so high that we have no other choice than to do most of the packing & moving work on our own.

I gave a quick glance to my beautiful home and wondered why the hell we bought & collected so much of stuff!
    :bonk

I don't know from where to start n what all to pack . My mom suggested me to start packing at least 10 days in advance to avoid last minute rush. But the concern is we would need everything till the day we move....clothes, utensils, furniture,day-to-day stuff. So what do I pack in advance????? Help me God:spin

Another concern , the new home that we have rented has closed closets in bedroom n hallway and none in living room. There is no open rack in living room or bedroom to place God. I wonder where can I create a secluded/precise "Pooja/God corner" in the new house :( I was thinking of buying a new rack for it but we already have too much of furniture to make room for another piece and all the more I do not want my living room to look too much occupied n overloaded.

I also got an idea of wall mounted small rack for placing God but my hubby disagreed saying that we cannot dig pin holes in the wall. :(

Ah! Help me God in re-creating & re-organizing my beautiful abode.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Moving houses is indeed a stressful job and I can totally see myself being confused like you. I hope things go well for you and u settle in the new house soon without any issues ( assuming this is the real life scenario for you and not just an IL blog scenario !! ).

3. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

yes dear, This is for real . We r moving this month end n all the concerns r genuine :)....if u trust my words!

4. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Let the Movers and Packers Company do the job for you. You just pack the utensils and food items/food containers and cosmetics and toiletry yourself.

Hope this helps.

T.c
    "HAPPY"

5. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Hello Pragmatic,

I have read almost all of your blogs, and I must admit all of them are fabulous.

You know, even I think shifting to a new house is a very tough job. The thinking itself makes me ill a week early. But then work has to be done. I generally keep 5-6 pairs of clothes, 2 slippers, basic toiletry, basic utensils like one pressure cooker, one kadhai outside and pack the rest of the thing. I hope this would help.

6. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Dear Pragmatic,

Relocating is a strenuous job. I have relocated 5 times in the six years I hav lived in US....state to state, coast to coast.....But then new environment, brings fresh thoughts in to our minds and makes us think better is what I feel.
    Check with movers as to what they will pack...some may be willing to help pack all delicate items too.Make sure you are there and label the boxes..living room, dining etc .. so it is easy for u to unpack. If you are moving with in the same city then just pack stuff you may need for 2 / 3 days by yourself and the rest they can do.Some provide wardrobe type boxes for dresses.. so ll you have to do is hang them i the boxes....Just a few points that I could remember...All the best!!!
    (My fb is too long sorry dear)

Viji

7. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

hahahaa...pragmatic..moving is the most tedious work. But u know I often keep saying that one day I wld start my own movers & packers company...as I hv moved soooo much, that too across the world...."It always with a huff & a puff & here we go... " I enjoy packing more as it involves more discarding work. But unpacking is "whoooooooossssssssh"......boring...boring ..always boring ....