My worst nightmares before labor

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rakhii, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Like some of you know, I am a bit paranoid. But I am sure there are solutions for them. I am sharing my nightmares with you all, if possible, do help me get out of them ladies!

1. That my water breaks when I am commuting to work in train. I believe when water breaks a gush of water falls down. How embarrassing would that be when it falls on other peoples feet :spin!! Do you think wearing a sanitary pad in the last month while commuting would help this situation?

2. That I would poop during active labor. When the nurse says 'push' I would push at the wrong place and then there would be poop all over the place!

Please share you experiences/ suggestions to overcome this. Also share your worst nightmares so that we can support and comfort each other.

2. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

hello rakhi
    i cant help but smile when i read this.i had similar nightmares when i had my first baby.he is 4 now.
    i kept thinking about these things.the water break did scare me a lot.i used the napkins at work, just in case.
    but i should tell you , do not worry on these issues.if it leaks,it leaks...just hope it happens at home :)
    it was midnight and i was asleep, a day before my due date when i felt the wet bed and woke up.
    i was leaking and had no control over it.it just went on ... my amma came running and cleaned up the mess.we all drove to the hospital and voila..in 3 hrs, healthy baby and a normal delivery :)
    keep your fingers crossed and thoughts positive with prayers.
    have a safe delivery.
    and yes, on the poop thing , they give you med to empty your tummy...so no worries!
    I miss my pregnant days :)

3. renu0049

renu0049 New IL'ite

thanks for sharing the thoughts and opinions.It gave me energy too

4. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

hi renu,
    when are you due?

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations!!!!!

just relax and have faith in Almighty. Everyone goes through all kind of nightmare.
    If you poop during pushing, it is not big deal. You will be in the labor room. Only hting you have to remember is your baby. Nothing else.

Good luck. Hope you will let us know after your baby is born.

6. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

I pray these are the last things you need to worry about :)) for the poop.urine thing they do an enema and catheter. so no worries there. As for the water breakage, dont worry too much. iam sure ppl will be more helpful than grossin out :) they are also human.

7. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

:)

I have a 13 month old girl now. your post brought back memories :)

So about the water breaking........ its not always like in the movies, sometimes your water doesn't break even later into labour!! Sometimes it just leaks....... well, I would not know because my water broke and "flooded" the bed. Thank God it was at night. :)
    And about the poop, you are pushing in pain........and by that time nurses and docs would have checked you 'n' number of times and there will be nothing like "personal" space.....and your mind is so on the pain and the push, that you really do not care!!! I know I managed to pass stool despite the enema but I really didn't care at that point of time :D

Enjoy the pregnancy and the labour.

All the best :)

8. RajshreeAkku

RajshreeAkku Silver IL'ite

Hey Rakhii,,

Relax!!

I had these feelings too and now i have a 3 yr old girl!!! U know what, the water ocmes out only during the last stange. I mean when ur delivery date is withing 3-4 days. And doc wil suggest u not to travel anywhere and be at home during this time. And its better to take rest at home than travelling that time.

just think abt ur baby and relax!!!

9. renu0049

renu0049 New IL'ite

Hi my due date is on Jan6th,2012

10. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Congrats !!
    I am due Feb 29, 2012 and i've not even started to think abt labor! Dont wanna go there !!