1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Visit to God’s Domicile!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Malar2301, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

I can’t believe my eyes and ears.

I see God!!! I hear him speaking!!!

Please welcome…I’m so pleased to have you here” – God stood at the entrance and so happy in welcoming me to his house, the house with all love and affection.

After I entered the house, I see so many other Gods who were busy in their own stuff. As soon as they saw me coming, they all ran towards me and I can literally see nothing but the real happiness in their face. Nothing came into my mind except “I’m gifted”.

I played; I had a chit chat; I had my breakfast and lunch with them; I spend the whole with my Gods…that too in his house.

Unbelievable!!!

Yes…Unbelievable day in my life. My heart was pounding with Joy and humming the songs “Enna thavam seithanai…” and ‘Thavamindri kidatha varame…”.

Friends,

I’m normal…believe me…nothing weird happened to me and I’m not blabbering for sure. I have been to God’s place and saw him. It is not a temple. And definitely it is not a dream. Here is more insight to it….

Last Friday (April 15th) was my father’s first death anniversary and on account of that, with the help of my husband we have booked to provide breakfast and lunch for the loved ones in Annai Illam, Ambattur on April 16th (Saturday).

We reached there at 8 AM in the morning and the watchman of the illam welcomed us with a broad smile on his face. I saw my God from his innocent smile. It was a very big campus with a very small house on one corner, the house of 70 young children varying from the age 3 to 15 or 16. Few of them were having bath, few of them washing clothes and few of them getting ready. Everyone is given education from the board/trust.

As soon as they saw us, couple of them ran towards us. They welcomed us. And a very little one from the group asked me “Akka…inikku neenga thaan engalukku sweet thara poringala…?” (Sister…is that you who is going to give us sweets today?). I nodded my head. I was jammed up with words. Nothing came to my mind. Though it was a very normal place and with no great facilities, yet the place looked very neat and the children looked so beautiful in their hearts.

We were asked to wait in the office room and after few minutes they called us to the dinner hall (a small room called as office room and a little bigger room as dining hall in that small house). Children were neatly seated in a line and few of the volunteers near the food baskets to help us in serving.

At first the prayer song was sung. Then, I’ve asked one of the volunteer to have the food and I took her place. I served all the seventy children. And received a hearty smile with full of gratitude from each of them in return. The immediate thought that filled my mind is that my purpose of life was fulfilled. Meantime my husband had started for his work.

I sat with them and had my breakfast there. Then we played small small games that attracted everyone. Yet another child came to me and said “akka…naria per inga vandirukanga…ana konjam per thaan enga kooda pesuvanga…illana oru orama ninuttu poiduvanga…neenga enkoda pesaringa, utkarndhu saptinga…ippo velaiyaadaringa…neenga romba nalla akka…” (Sister, many people used to come here and a very few will speak to us. Rest of them will stand in a corner during prayer and as soon as the serving starts they leave…but you are here with us, you ate with us and now playing…you are so good sister)

On hearing that and seeing their face, I literally had water in my eyes. That too, few kids wanted to shake hands. I’m a very normal person from a very normal family, but to them I’m seemed to be a great person. They treated me like a celebrity. The time ran so fast and we had lunch and I was supposed to leave them. Everyone was happy spending the day so cheerful. And almost everyone wished for my well-being and for my family.

And couple of them asked whether I will come there again. Till then I never had a thought of going there again, but I feel that at least once a month or once in two months I should go and visit them.

Starting from the gate keeper, the cook, the office man and the children – everyone was like a God to my eyes. I plainly saw God in each one of them and their pure love.

My heart was so heavy while returning from that orphanage. We have so many things in life; God has given us more than what we wanted/needed, still we always wanted more and if we didn’t get it we shout at him back. Even I’m not an exception to it.

But after seeing them, the atmosphere they lived, the clothes they wore and the restricted food they eat - We are far better.

I was thanking God for giving me such a wonderful life. And the happiness that I got on seeing the children happy is beyond the boundaries. I’m not doing justice in explaining more clearly as I’m stuck up with words.

One thing for sure, we are searching God without knowing that he is amidst us. And also we are restricting ourselves within a small circle called our family. Let us try to go beyond that at least once and smell the fragrance of the children of God.

Thanks for listening me so patiently.

2. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

wonderful.. i have goose bumps

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

True Malar, God is indeed in the small joys of life! You could feel the joy because you were open to receive it! I am so happy that your visit turned out so memorable for you and that you have decided to visit the young kids more often. Doing charity for the sake of charity is so different from doing it because you can make a difference - not by just donating money or food but actually spending time with them and meaning it!

4. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

Beautiful post Malar...May god bless you for bringing smile on those innocent faces. Yes you said it right. We should look around the world to realize our blessings.

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful post Malar. It brought me tears. Hats off gal :cheers

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Malar,

Good Evening. Very nice post Malar. I am searching for the words to describe my happiness. The Day will be always in our memory till the end of our life. You have spent the day in a grand and nice manner that too
    who recognise you as a GREAT one. A blossom smile, A good and sharing nature, to treat others equally all is a God's gift only . I CAN SAY
    YOU WERE IN HEAVEN ON THAT DAY.

Thanks a lot for sharing

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

very true malar. That's a very good act of kindness you have done on a special day. You have got the blessings of so many gods. Yesterday, i was watching 'Anbe sivam' picture and today reading your post, i have the feeling of seen the god through you.

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi malar

you made 60-70 kids happy that day, by not only giving food, but spending ur day whole heartedly with them, great:thumbsup, bringing smile to ones life for a second is difficult, but u managed to keep them happy whole day.:thumbsup

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Malar,

Lovely write-up dear. It reminded me of the song kadavul ullame karunai illame (Anbulla Rajinikanth). I can understand how you would have felt.

Thanks for a touching write up kanna.

10. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Malar, What great experience you had!!! Wonderful!!!! You are so lucky that you spent the all day with them. How did you DH feel? Did you take your son with you?

Your thread opened my eyes. i was not only crying ( emotional), but have realized about myself or my supposed to be charity work. we always give money to Orphanage etc, but never thought of visiting them. Once i asked someone about it, they discouraged us to go there.

Anyone can give money, but being with them is so important. I shouldn't blame it on my time in India. Because I always make sure that I go to temples, relatives house ( some of them don't care) and shopping. So I am going to make a point to visit the kids next time. Would you mind taking me to your "Temple"?

Thanks for starting the wonderful thread.
    CL:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown