My trip to Gharbaratchambigai & Karuvalarcheri Amman temples

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rajalakshmigopal, Feb 3, 2009.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I planned to visit Karuvalarcheri amman temple for a long time.I visited the temple along with Thirukkarugavur Gharbaratchambigai amman temple last week.

Here goes the experiences of my eternal trip ...

Gharbaratchambigai Amman temple trip:

We went to Garbharatchambigai temple first.It is good If you could get Mullai flower beforehand since this flower is very good for Mullaivananadhar in the temple.You need to get the ghee bottle from the temple office.They charge you Rs.15(Rs.10 for Ghee and Rs.5 for Pooja expenses).The temple office is situated in the entrance of the temple,where you can get nice pictures of Amman.I got one last year and kept it in my pooja room with a glass framed outer shell.She has been spreading positive vibrations in the whole house from that time.

You need to get the dharshan of Mullaivananadhar first.Remember to give the Mullai flower in this sannadhi.After finishing the dharshan,make yourself ready to see the eternal Gharbaratchambigai Amman.Only the girls will be allowed near the Amman since girls are required to do the Padi Pooja.

Padi Pooja is nothing but applying and scrubbing ghee on the brass plate kept near the steps of Gharbagraham(Main Sannadhi of Amman).

The priest will ask the star of birth of the couple with the Ghothram of the family.You have to give the ghee bottle,receipt and other pooja/Archana items to him now.When you go along with your husband/parents/inlaws,they will be standing along with the other people.Only the girl will be allowed close to the Gharbagraham.There will be one more person near the Gharbagraham.He will put a small amount of ghee in your right hand and ask you to rub it in the Padi..Then you need to put a kolam in the padi using the Arisimavu(Rice flour).This rice flour will be provided by them only.We do not need to bring it.Then we need to place a five rupee coin on the kolam and pray well.

Then you have to sit near the Gharbagraham for sometime with the other girls and finally the priest will give you the ghee bottle with flower and kumkumam on it.Dont clean the kumkumam on the bottle.let it be there.You will be asked to eat the ghee for 48 days.The content will be around 10 ml.Hence it will be difficult for you to consume it for 48 days.So buy a good brand of cow ghee and mix it very well with the amman ghee.Husband and wife should have it either in the morning after bath or in the night time before going to bed.

Mornings are best since we are physically and mentally pure and divine.A girl should not consume the ghee during the five days of her menstrual cycle.Husband can have ghee during these 5 days.If your husband does not trust this procedure and does not eat the ghee,dont force him.It is enough if you eat it wholeheartedly.

P.S:1.If somebody is visiting the temple to get the ghee prasadam on behlaf of you,they need to have the star of birth details of you and your husband to get the ghee prasad.

2.The same procedure applies to girls who are pregnant and would like to have the Ennai prasadham from Amman.

Karuvalarcheri Amman temple trip:

We visited this temple the next day.Here also you will have the same procedure of Padi pooja.You need to bring 7 Vangala Manjal(Bengali Manjal) and a lemon.They will ask you to the padi pooja.The only difference is you need to apply a pinch of turmeric and kumkumam on the kolam and they will give seven manjal with the lemon.The lemon should be squeezed and made it to a juice level and can be mixed with salt/sugar and should be kept in a single glass and the couple should only consume it without fail.Remember to drink it in the smae glass.Same glass should be shared by husband and wife.

As far as the manjal is concerned,One manjal will come for 3 weeks or so.Better buy a pumice stone or any other stone to just rub the manjal to get the turmeric substance out of it.This turmeric should be applied on the whole body except legs.You wash your body with a body wash/soap and apply the turmeric before your last rinse...The main condition is the turmeric should be used by that girl only.Nobody should use it on behalf of her.Turmeric should not be applied during the 5 days of the menstrual cycle.Turmeric should not be taken anywhere out of the house(If we go for a vocation etc..)

I have recorded my prayers for all my known and unknown friends who are TTC.

Please let me know if you want further details...Iam always ready to provide enough information to the extent possible.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    5 people like this.

2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rajyalaxmi,

Very informative dear.

Many thanks to you for the post and wishes for us.

You have written it so beautifully: it is so crystal clear i just felt for a moment as though i was doing the pooja in the temples.

May both the ammans shower their blessings on you.
    May all ur dreams come true.

All the best :thumbsup
    Warm Regards
    Saras

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

2.The same procedure applies to girls who are pregnant and would like to have the Ennai prasadham from Amman.

Thank you so much for your detailed info...it surely helps lot of women out here...
    I have one question..You mentioned about "Ennai parasadam" for pregnant ladies...What is this Ennai prasadam...Is it the castor oil prasadam? (Sorry, I don't know Tamil)...

Please let me know?

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raji,
    Very informative one. Thanks for sharing!
    GOD bless you!

5. rajalakshmigopal

Dear mridusudha,

I have used the equivalent english words in all the wordings for people like you to get benefitted...I missed out in specifying "Ennai Prasadam".Sorry and thanks for pointing out!

What you assumed is correct.It is castor oil prasadam and can be applied on the abdomen during the second trim for vaginal delivery(Normal delivery) and the belief is that all the complications of the pregnancy will be vanished on applying the oil prasadam.

May God bless you!

6. semi

semi New IL'ite

Dear rajalakshmi,

Nice to read your very well written post. I kind of felt that I was there.
    May god fullfill all of us dream and shower her blessing on us.

Stay in touch,
    semi

7. rajalakshmigopal

Dear saras123,

Thanks a lot for the first fb!

I feel glad to receive your prayers and wishes.

May God bless you with a bonny child!

8. rajalakshmigopal

Dear Vasumathy,

Thanks for your wishes.

I congratulate you for doing a good job in moderating TTC forums and cheering up the girls!

Thanks for being with us!

9. rajalakshmigopal

Dear Semi,

Thanks for your wishes.

I pray God to bless all of us very soon.

10. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

dear rajalakshmi,

it such a well written description of ur visit to the temples... :thumbsup