My trip to chidambaram and thirumanancheri

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Cindhuja, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi all,

hope few would have come across my query regarding thirumanancheri temple timings. with all ur info and help we made a pleasant trip to temples in that area. thanks a lot all of u.

around 11'o clock we were inside chidambaram periya kovil (natarajar temple) and next we went to worship our family deity (Kuzha deivam) in chidambaram itself called "Thillai Maakali", which was the main reason for this trip. Before and after any function we used to visit our kuzha deivam and come. Particularly after getting married it is a compulsory habit in our family. When i got married i wasnt able to make it coz i had to go to US in few days. So my father was really upset and he was longing for this day. Atlast we made it after 1.5 years. Which was a great relief satisfaction to my family.

My in-laws were new to chidambaram so they tooo enjoyed this trip. Post lunch we went to a temple called Thirumanancheri. A famous temple in thanjavur, kumbakonam side particularly for people who pray for a blissful marriage and for children. The main deities are Kokilambal and Sundareswarar. One good temple to visit in lifetime.

For those who dont know about this temple i'll try to tell u in short others please skip :)

Once Shiva and Parvati had a quarrel. Due to this Lord Shiva claims parvati to take a birth in earth as a cow. But later not able to manage the separation he tells that she will be relieved from the curse with the help of her brother lord vishnu. Accordingly lord vishnu becomes the cowherd(to take his sister in cow form) and relieves from her curse in a place called thiruvaaduthurai and she takes her original form in "Kuthaalam". Then lord shiva and parvati gets married in thirumanancheri.

SO for all whose marriages are delayed or pray for a blissful marriage this is the apt temple. In this temple the god and godess gets married in front of us and for us so that we lead a married life like them.

There ia also an other story like this, i found this in net and heard through my relatives :

Two friends due to their close friendship promise to get one's child married to the other in future. In due course of time, one gives birth to a beautiful baby girl and the other to a male child resembling that of a tortoise. The mother of the girl refuses to give her daughter in marriage to her friend's son owing to his peculiar appearance. However the girl casts away her mother's decision and seeks the mercy of Lord Shiva in Thirumanancheri with her man. The benevolent lord bestows a normal form to him and unite them in marriage. Henceforth it is believed that the physical appearance of a person that seems to be an obstacle in one's marriage will be taken care of by Kalyanasundareswarar and Kokilaambal by either rectifying it or by blessing with a spouse who has the maturity to look beyond it. Such is the grace of the lord in this shrine.

sindmani likes this.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja,Thanks for sharing your experience and stories.

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Cindhuja,

Good to hear from you ! Hope you are having a nice time there... enjoyed reading about your trip to Chidambaram and Thirumanancheri.

Keep in touch...

4. asharvi67

asharvi67 New IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja,

Hope u had a nice time with ur parents and in laws visiting the temples.
    Thanks a lot for sharing the stories... i never knew them:)

Enjoy maadi.

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thanks gowri, supriya and asharvi. Yep having a great time with parents. Will update soon. take care all.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cindhuja,

Its nice to hear from you ! Looks like you are having a nice time there... nice to read about your trip to Chidambaram and Thirumanancheri. Take care:)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  7. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Chinduja,

Glad to know that you had nice time when you visited Chidambaram and Thirumannancheri. When you visit next time please make a plan to cover some other nearby temples also. Because lot of famous temples are around that area. Since I am new to his site i am not able to give you the informations earlier.

8. kaverivenkat

kaverivenkat Bronze IL'ite

Dear cindhuja,

You took me to Chidambaram and Thirumanancheri along with your family.
    After I read your experience I got this feeling. Thank you very much.

kaverivenkat

9. kavithol

kavithol New IL'ite

Hi cinduja,

good tat u shared ur experience..

i would also recommend ppl on their trip to temples near thanjavur to visit thirukarrukaavur, especially for couples who are waiting or expecting a child.

cheers,
    Kavi:cheers

10. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Good explanations Cindhuja!