1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My toddler refuses rice!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by kanmani, Nov 18, 2007.

1. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Hi,

My toddler is 18 months old. I trained her on eating solids since she was 6 months and used to give her rice(mashed with spoon no blender) with daal & veggies since 9 months. Up until 15 months I had no issue with my toddler eating rice.

I started sending her to a nearby day-care for a couple of hours everyday. There she learned to eat by her picking finger foods, pasta, noodles, toast, mac & cheese, etc.

Of-late, she does not want any rice served to her in any form - mixed with daal, veggies or rasam or curd. I also tried ghee rice, jeera rice, puloa, etc. Just says a complete NO to rice. While she is fond of dosais, rotis, pooris, noodles, pasta, etc. She like to pick eat boiled or stir-friend veggies, boiled egg whites alone, but always NO to rice be it lunch or dinner.

She takes fair amount of mik, but I am worried because she refuses rice she would not be getting any staple solid food.

What do I do to make her have rice? Please suggest.

Thank you ladies, Kanmani

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Kanmani,
    We seem to be on the same boat as my younger daughter refuses rice too.
    I give her oats , apple, cornflakes or any other tiffin items that she will eat. So don't worry.You can give her lot of vegetables and fruits, as you say she is taking milk ,try to make mikshake in small quantities. Tell me how it works.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey kanmani,

Ways of the mind of kids..i feel it is not that she does not like eating rice...it maybe that she can't pick rice by finger....like other foods...some children don't like to eat food that gets sticky on their fingers....

Just give her some rice balls small ones...just try..if she picks and eats..then it is what i stated..otherwise you have to look at other methods...

This is my opinion...