1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on the Delhi Gang rape

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

My thoughts on the Delhi Gang rape​

What has happened is very unfortunate, and it is very sad really, this happening in the capital. But this would be appalling even if it happened in any other part of india.Shameful to say the least.

Even the death penalty is too less for these beasts, but we are not brutal to lynch them in public so let the law take its course but a fast one for this.

Iwent to google to find out what actually happened, and there was some news that I did not know, here it is.

One of the guys on the bus did this, I report it as it is.
    A juvenileName withheld. Cleaner-cum-helper
    Role: Among the three persons who most demonically assaulted the girl. He solicited the couple on to the bus. He sexually assaulted her and kept brutalising her even after she lost consciousness.

Mark the words “HE SOLICITED THE COUPLE ON TO THE BUS”

They were not pulled in, or dragged, as it seems , the guy offered a free lift and the coule entered the bus willingly.Now that does not condone what happened, but that set me thinking.

Are there not some safety measures everyone should take, men or women in these days.Some old ones are
    1) Never take a lift from unknown people. Nor give lifts to pretty ladies. In the eighties there was a racket, whereby a pretty girl would ask for a lift, and midway tell u give me all the money u have, or I yell molestion and the people here will come and thrash u. Many got caught in this racket. Was shown in Amar Akbar Anthony I think.
    2) Here, what was the need to take a lift, and knowing also that there are no passengers in the bus.Maybe this whole thing could have been avoided if the couple had taken a public transport or a auto /cab.
    3) Old one – don’t wear nylon sarees and stand near the stove. So many got burnt.
    4) Don’t wear jewellery, too much of it that is, and go out, u have chain snatchers, u have the watchmen and liftmen of the building where u stay, with little pay, who might get tempted some day to rob u, maybe kill u too, to avoid be recognized ! A curious case has come up as follows
    Missing sister of actors Vijeta and Sulakshana Pandit still not traced - Times Of India
    5) This woman is the sister of Sulakshana pandit, she was wearing a lot of jewellery, and used to move about in loads of jewellery.The time she went missing she was wearing jewellery worth 20 lakhs. She was warned but never listned.
    6) Many women wear short clothes to go to parties, and loads of jewellery. Risky for everyone in the building sees u. Cant u go to the venue, covered with a elegant coat, covering yr short dresses, put yr jewellyer in yr purse, and go to the venue, go to the loo, and take out the coat, and wear all yr finery and show it to the people who aer like minded there at the venue. Reverse it when u come back home, go to loo take off the jewellery, put on the coat, and come back, so no one knows what happened.

There can many other advises we can give to make life safer.

What I want to ask u, what can the government do in this c ase, is it their fault this happens ? One or two goons don’t make the society dirty. Just as the last week incident in American school, where a dranged guy shot dead some 20 people, does that make it that American schools aer dangerous , that America is dangerous ? if the American police could ot stop that incident, why blame the delhi police !!!!

Can the government have a few policemen patrolling each lane of a colony ? Who will foot their bills ?

And yesterday I was reading, that in 95% of the cases, the rapist is known to the victim.

So friends let us not blame the Delhi police, or anyone for that matter, instead we must learn a lesson from this incident, that we should avoid taking lifts from strangers, who k nows which beast lurks under the driver.

Why invite trouble, as I think I have invited by writing this blog, I know a lot of brickbats will follow. Let them follow, I stand by what I say. I too feel very sad at what has happened and I condemn it harshly.

Friends let us advise our friends and relatives to be careful and not take unneccary risks, what say !

Sorry there I sno humor here, the subject is such, I cant do anything about it.

Regards

kamal

24 people like this.

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,

You mentioned this to me over the phone yesterday and I kept wondering where you got your information. I see now that google was the source. I showed your post to Shankari and asked her what she thought about your point of view. As you can expect, she disagrees. But it is what she disagrees with you on that matters. According to her source, newspapers probably, there were passengers in the bus and this couple would be the last ones to leave the bus. So, if she is correct, then the bus turned passenger-less after all the other passengers unboarded, except of course for the unfortunate two. I don't know how to respond. I wish to remain rational and will wait to read other views. But I will not lead a brickbat brigade against you for holding an opinion that runs counter to the general view.

oj

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

i dont blame u or Sankari. This is a controversial topic and a touch one at that.You can see it was that the one person cajoled the couple inside the bus. Acc to some little informatuion i read, the bus was going empty, that is what i read somewhere.

let us see what others have to say, we will wait

Regards

kamal

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i read that they did buy a ticket. it wasnt a free ride.

1 person likes this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

I don't have much details of the case to validate or invalidate your points!

My two cents - it is a human tendency to seek plausible solutions (how to prevent) than seek impossible amendments (why it arises) - as per the pointers in your post.

A girl being more careful is 'plausible' and 'realistic' approach to prevent her being sexually molested. Or even extreme would be that women stop going outdoors and lock themselves in homes which is the 'safest' method. But the fallacy lies in not extirpating the root of the problem! Hold on..isn't the problem why are girls molested rather than why girls exist to be molested?

The ire of general public we see today is why isn't there 'fear' in men to trespass a woman's sexual territory? The laws are lax! People take advantage of this situation well aware that women don't report rape cases and the ones reported are not investigated, even if they make it for probe, they are stretched for years. Doesn't this equip people to resort to sexual harassment?

There are many psychopaths in the society who derive pleasure from carnal pain - immune to emotional qualms! Eliminating the problem is far-fetched but restraining is considerable.

The wrath of people is if law is powerful and daunting with harsh and stringent treatment meted out to criminals, atleast some of the people who would think twice before commiting these heinous crimes will recede. The point is not a girl walking naked in the night, it is why is there no fear in men of the consequences that emerge exploiting the situation. The public is well-aware of feasible plans to contain it. I believe that is what is propelling the enraged masses to protest and urge for 'change' in society - even if that makes one man falter to make the move scared of the law a girl's life is saved.

21 people like this.
  6. kewldude

kewldude Senior IL'ite

the main accused is supposedly called 'mental' by his friends.

i wouldnt be surprised if the human rights activists intervene and prove him mentally unstable so as to establish his crime as null and void.

anything is possible in India.

3 people like this.
  7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i wudnt be surprised too. it almost happened in the dhananjay case.

8. Jerinanitha

Jerinanitha Senior IL'ite

Hi,

It was nice to read your post. There is nothing wrong in it. I totally agree with your point about pointing our fingers towards the government and the police.
    But I was wondering whether girls wearing short dress are the only ones raped in out country??? Because I have come across news where even school girls are raped as well as ladies wearing sarees. Now what kind of precaution you want them to take???

Aj

11 people like this.
  9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

How many lame excuses can we give ? And how many more "Be safe" ,"Do not go out at night" , " do not wear such dress" etcs ..etcs..?Can't we bring up the male kid with responsibility.The govt cannot do anything unless there is is realisation in the society.What if the girl had not come from a movie but after visiting her sick father or on the way to get some emergency help.Will people still say " she should have been safe and not gone out in the night or boarded a bus without passengers" .Whom are we fooling?If women have to think so much then we will not be able to step out of the house.Only in recent years we see women coming out and being successful in so many fields.If the society is so sick, women have to go back to their nest(yeah where she will be raped or abused by men " relatives" only) .
    Let us focus on the solution rather that blaming the someone who is innocent and a victim of the atrocity.We need to stop victimising the victim and do not do research on what she could have avoided.What if she had been at home and abused by her relative?( something which is there for ages and supressed for generations) .Bring up the male kid with responsibility and stop saying" aambala aayiram seiyalaam ponnu
    thaan jaakirathaiya irukkanum"( Trans:- A man can do Thousands of mistakes but the woman needs to be careful) .Sick of hearing that statement.Personally I feel bringing up the male kid with responsibility will solve a lot ofproblems in the society(not only crime aginst women and children).

30 people like this.
  10. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

These thoughts had came to me too....that they could have been more careful as 9 pm in Delhi is not that late that one would not get any public means of transportation.I read in news that it was a private school bus and there were no passengers just those devils in it.

But indeed,Government of a Country is responsible for the well-being and safety of its people,they can not of-course watch each n every corner or lane but they can make such LAWS that no one could dream of doing such heinous act.But we all know that there will be thousands of such cases pending,with no punishment to the accused or they are roaming around on bail or mere fine of few thousand rupees and a jail of few years,about this too i am not very sure.

Here i want to share a recent incident,one small girl living in my neighborhood had recently placed her brother's Tablet somewhere n she was not able to find it.she comes occasionally to play with my daughter,that time when she came she was in tears.Obviously i asked her why she was crying and she told me that she had placed her brother's tablet on the dinning table n now it is not there n some one may have stolen it.she told me her Mother is sleeping n she was playing in the corridor n when she went back to her home,tablet was not there.

I told her it is Ok,if she was playing in the corridor then obviously if anyone would have entered in to her home,she would have seen him/her,so she need not to worry.But her words shocked me.she replied,"I am not worried about tablet",i asked then.she said,don't you know here they cut hands of thief.I am worried thief should not be someone among my friends".

Sorry for this long narration,what i meant to say was a five year old child knows the consequences of theft here.

But in India,we know we can easily get away...whatever it may be...theft,murder or rape.

8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.